Need Speaker Reconed

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Eddie Thomas

Need Speaker Reconed

Post by Eddie Thomas »

I have an Evans Eclipse 15" 4 ohm speaker, that I want to have reconed. Anyone know of a good recone shop? It is made by Eminence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I had Orange County Speaker recone an Electro Voice EVM15L for me a few weeks ago, they did a great job. It wasn't cheap, but they were in line with the other places I checked with.
click here

------------------
Darvin Willhoite
Riva Ridge Recording
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

....or you might check w/ Woody Woodell,(Benchcraft Electronics) in Goodletsville,Tn. That's his specialty. (615)851-7058,or woodywdll@aol.com .

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Eddie Thomas

Post by Eddie Thomas »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'll give Woody a call, he was one of my mentors, when I was growing up. Thanks Smiley!
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Woody has reconed two JBL's for me and they are just like brand new speakers. Others can probably do it as good but I am sure no one is better.
Jerry
Woody Woodell

Post by Woody Woodell »

Thanks Smiley!
Thanks Jerry!
Smiley, I have changed my email address to
woody.33@netzero.com . So far it's the best ISP I've ever had, not to mention the 10 bucks or so less per month than aol.
Ed, how in the world are you doing. I'm going down to Macon in a few weeks and would sure like to see you.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Hello Woody, it is good do see you on the Forum. I did not realize you ever looked in on us. You are the very best in my opinion.
Jerry<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jerry Roller on 30 November 2003 at 12:26 PM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Hey Woody,
Glad to see you off of "a o hell" also. Good luck.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Woody; You want me to tell Frank Crawley you'll be back in Macon ?? We had lunch at the Awful Waffle House today and he was talking about your A6th tuning again. I think you've got him onto something. Don't forget to change your e-mail address on the Forum or some of these friends will be sending mail to your old ISP if they click on your e-mail link when you post.

If I don't get to meet up with you, jot down your A6th set-up for Eddie as we're always swapping stuff around and Frank sure has me curious about it.

Regards, Paul
Eddie Thomas

Post by Eddie Thomas »

Hey Woody, it's great to hear from you! How are you doing? Johnny Fowler keeps me informed on whats going on with you. I really look forward to seeing you again. It's been way too long, everyone will be glad to see you again. Take care!