Need help with settings for Peavey Addverb II

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Robert Herr

Need help with settings for Peavey Addverb II

Post by Robert Herr »

Just bought a used Addverb II.I could use some help with settings being used by other steelers.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I used to use an Addverb II with my steel. I know I set the readout at 17 and kept the input gain fairly low. Wants to clip easy. I still use 2 of these in my sound system.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

I only used it for delay. I think the setting was # 72. Jody.
Gordon Borland

Post by Gordon Borland »

I put mine in line because I double on keyboard and use channel 2 for the keyboard
on a Nashville 400. I use full gain and full
output and the mix in the range between
6o'clock (none) and 10 0'clock. On the E9TH
PATCH 82 FOR COUNTRY SHUFFLES AND WALZES.
patch 72 for up tempo on the E9th. For the C6th mix off and just use the reverb on the NV400 for most swing and early style Hank
Williams and such. For polishing beltbuckles on the dance floor with something like NightLife on the C6th its patch 93. Got to be careful with this patch or you will be playing in a deep well. These are older units so the thing to be on the look out for are dead backup batteries (goes crazy when you turn it on.) and accidental programing. That is easy to do on these units. I have had mine for seven years and use it on every gig. They take a licking and keep on ticking.
Disclaimer:
I am no where near the "Pro" most of these guys are on the forum so take the affore said
as just from a guy that has one of these units.
Gordon.
MSA D10 PEAVEY NASHVILLE400 PEAVEY ADDVERB
AND some wires and a battery.
Dennis Yager

Post by Dennis Yager »

Ok..I have and use one of these devices for several years and yes they do go bonkers sometimes when powering up due to enternal soldered in place battery failure. When this happens, hold down (-) and (5) button simultaneously to reset factory presets and flip on power while holding these down, then release. It will default to "0", then you got 01-99 presets to choose from. My choices are 23 (regular steel sound W/some delay & reverb)), 60 & 61 (funky), 71( good delay w/reverb), 72(best delay w/reverb) and 95&98 for alot of reverb/hall effect. I stick to 23 & 72 for best steel sound. You can tune dry & wet to your ear taste plus other combinations. Other than the battery failure, this Peavey creature is tough and sounds better than my Boss rv3. Also you will have trouble saving your programed presets in the adverbII because you will lose these when you boot up from this battery failure problem. To get by this is to always keep it plugged into AC current so to prevent memory failure. Or always remember to write down your programed in presets before powering down.
Carter s10, Emmons push/pull s12. Evans LV, Peavey N400, Peavey N112, Peavey AdverbII, Boss RV3<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 06:50 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 07:00 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 07:31 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 07:45 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 11:31 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dennis Yager on 17 November 2003 at 11:32 AM.]</p></FONT>
Gordon Borland

Post by Gordon Borland »

Dennis is exacaly right on!!!!
Make sure you plug in to the left channal for mono. If you have a stereo rig you can go out of the addverb left and right. I used to use the foot switch to tune dry but now I just reach over and turn the middle knob to dry. I suprised that no one has invented a caddy to fit on the legs of a psg to accept the effects units.

------------------
Gordon Borland
MSA D10,NASHVILLE 400,PAVEY ADDVERB,SOME WIRES AND A BATTERY.