First effects

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dennis Yager

Post by Dennis Yager »

Remember the "MemoryMan by harmonix",also had mxr phase90, and bosstone also. All long gone except memoryman..powered only with straight AC plug,(which I always liked) no wall wart or batteries to fool with like todays effects require. The mm was a stomp box with echo on left and chorus on right with knob adjustments. Did great in its time.
Michael Haselman

Post by Michael Haselman »

Saved up my allowance in the late '60s and bought a Bosstone. Boy was I excited. Brought it back the next day for a refund because it was so noisy it was unusable. (for guitar)
Ernie Renn

Post by Ernie Renn »

Lee;
It was a D-10 push-pull. Image

------------------
My best,
Ernie
The Official Buddy Emmons Website
www.buddyemmons.com
Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

Dennis, those were the same 3 effects units I started with. I liked the AC on the Memory Man. That was a nice effect!
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

In 1958 I got a Truvoice echo-unit (a crude affair involving an 8" loop of 1/4" tape) - you wouldn't believe the noise that came through the amp, but the 'effect' was so cool back then! Not many guys in London had one.

Then I got my first good gig (any Brits remember Eden Kane?) and I graduated to a Binson 'Echorec'!

I was so proud of my gear - Fender 'Showman' amp (cream) with a single 15" cab, the Binson, and my pride and joy - my '58 sunburst Gibson 'Super 400'....

------------------
Roger Rettig
Buck Dilly

Post by Buck Dilly »

cry-baby
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Echo-Plex,boss tone, PE Jr.organ,phasor

effect, still got it...all about the same time..al Image Image
Jim Eaton

Post by Jim Eaton »

I had a tech put a Boss-tone & an MXR Phase 45 into one box that had a male plug located so that with a bracket make from coat hanger wire that went into two of the tuning holes on my 75 P/P, the control surface was level with the top of the right end plate of the guitar. He had it wired up with little micro switches to turn either one on/off and in the off position they were out of the signal path.
The speed knob of the Phase 45 was closest to the back of the unit in the "playing" position and I could use my little finger to turn the knob and do "leslie" sounding things.
JE:-)>
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Please look through some of your old equipment and see if you still have one of the following old effects: Mutron 3, or any of the Moog effect devices except keyboard. I would like to buy one of these old devices.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Keith Hilton on 17 January 2003 at 03:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
OHARA

Post by OHARA »

Binson Echorec
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Leslie cabnet,Boss tone,Small Stone Phase shifter.

BF

------------------
Bill Ford