Deltafex

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dennis Yager

Deltafex

Post by Dennis Yager »

Hey, is there anybody using a Peavey Deltafex processor with their steel? I'v got my hands on a loaner and would appreciate any advice or your best settings...this sure would help me a lot makin up my mind to the fact of buying it...the manuel does't mention steel modes. thanks....Carter s-10 3x5...Nashville 400 & Evans
Dennis Yager

Post by Dennis Yager »

Hey is this thing this bad that no one uses it...really?..let me know folks!!!
Tom Campbell

Post by Tom Campbell »

Hi Dennis,

I have a stompbox version called a "DeltaStomp". It has all the same setting as the Deltafex. It's not a bad unit...delay, etc. I also use it for my standard guitar, because in the stompbox format it is very portable. Not bad for the money, but it is not a Profex ll.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

The Deltafex and Delta Stomp use the same microprocessor. The Deltafex is a rack mount unit and the Delta Stomp is in a "stomp box"(footswitch)housing. I've taken a Deltafex out and used it with my Emmons and Nashville amps and it sounded really good. This is a 24 bit processor which retails below what most stomp box pedals retail for.

Here's a link to this product from the Peavey website;http://www.peavey.com/products/proaudio ... ltafex.cfm

And here's a link to the Delta Stomp; http://www.peavey.com/products/amps_mi/guitaramps/deltastomp.cfm

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here at Peavey by calling 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

I have one of these units for PA work, and I have on occasion used it as the effects for my steel. I works very well, and as Mike stated is very reasonably priced. It doesn't have a pre-amp like a profex, but if you are using a combo amp that's not really an issue. The best way to find settings is to start turning the knobs, thats what they are for, don't be afraid of 'em!

------------------

Doug Earnest
The only Zum Keyless U12, Zum2000U12,Sierra12,Sho-Bud ProII D10 PV DPC 750 ProFex 112E, Fender Cyber Twin
Dennis Yager

Post by Dennis Yager »

Thanks guys...I really like the phase shifter on this product....because of this its mine now...now what kind of sound would I get if I hooked up my RV-3 into my Adverb 2 and into the Deltafex...Wow
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

The really neat feature on the Deltafex, you can use a 1/4" push/push or momentary type footswitch to ramp up or down the rotary speaker effect. On the DeltaStomp, you can use a CV pedal and adjust parameter 1 values in a real-time situation. This applies to delays and the other effects that are being used at the time.

Try it out at your local authorized Peavey dealer. Here's our dealer locator link; http://www.peavey.com/support/dealerlocator/

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Hey Mike--does the Max 100 fit into any of the same structure? I have this multi-stompbox and it actually has a real good sounding preamp section and some decent effects. Does it share Delta's platform?
Chuck Norris

Post by Chuck Norris »

Would the effect`s in a delta-fex be the same that was used to program the effect`s in the pro,tube,transfex. Enquiring mind`s want to know.
Chuck Norris NFM