? ?'s for Mr. Emmons

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bobby Boggs

? ?'s for Mr. Emmons

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Buddy,during the Danny Gatton era when using a compressor did you run from the guitar to volume pedal? Or guitar to the compressor?
And for todays work,I know you have all the modern toys,but are you going from the guitar to the effects? Or guitar to volume pedal to effects.The Mark Chesnutt CD with the tunes,(What where you thinking),and (Lets talk about our love) are a good example of some of the compression sounds I'm looking for.I realize it's one thing to use a compressor in the studio and a whole different world for live gigs.Live performances is where I need the most help.Thanks for your time!------bb<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bobby Boggs on 09 June 2001 at 12:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

^
Buddy Emmons

Post by Buddy Emmons »

How you doin' Bobby? Good to hear from you.
With Danny, I always ran the compressor between the volume pedal output and the amp so I could control the squeeze a little better. For the modern effects, I still run everything after the pedal and then to the source of amplification.

It is a different animal in the studio. I can set the input of the comp using my mixing board at the house and find it too hot or too squeezed at a studio console, probably because they set their attenuators at a lower level than mine, causing a bottleneck at the comp output. The live situation is much better for control because you are in charge of all input and output levels.
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Buddy, as always thanks for your input.I hope you're back to full speed,I'm talking SS Cool the tempo you played it in an Atlanta in 1980, Image before long.Best of luck and tell Terry Crisp I said hello and to call me sometime.--bb
Buddy Emmons

Post by Buddy Emmons »

B Cole,
Guitar to pedal to amp. The old fashioned way. Image
Buddy Emmons

Post by Buddy Emmons »

Thanks Bobby. Things are looking up.