HELP!! Mike Brown

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wade Terral

HELP!! Mike Brown

Post by Wade Terral »

Mike,

I have a Tubefex and DPC 1000. I would like to be able to play "Tracks" through the DPC 1000 and play along with them on my guitar through the same system. Is this possiable?. I have tried to use splitter cables at the amp input but this dose not work. only the CD player or the guitar will work at the same time, not together. Thanks for any advice as how this might be accomplished.

Wade
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

You should have bought a Transtube Fex. My TT Fex has an input on it for a tape/cd player that can be used to play along with.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

So does my Stereo Steel rig! Image
Wade Terral

Post by Wade Terral »

Well, thanks a lot fellers. I should have known better. Just kidding, I bought the tubefex before the transtubefex came on the market. I'm hopeing that Mike might come up with some ideas. I guess if I had another amp in the rack I could go that way to the speakers. I think it is a problem with matching the signals going into the DPC1000.
But what do I know, I'm pretty much of a dummy when it comes to electronics. Any good ideas LET ME KNOW. WadeNT
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

Wade, check out this post: www.b0b.com/forum/Forum11/HTML/000388.html

The little Behringer 4 channel mixer worked great for mixing the Tubefex and my laptop computer. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work just as well with CD player and a Peavey power amp.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

No need to buy anything else to accomplish this. Simply, add the "FX" parameter to your chain of effects and insert the output of your tape/CD machine into the LEFT MONO RETURN jack on the back panel. Make sure the RETURN and SEND levels of the FX(effects loop) are up so that the signal of the tape/CD can be heard.

Hope that this helps.
Wade Terral

Post by Wade Terral »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info. It will be a few days before I can try it out, but I will let you know how it works out for me. It seems very simple maybe even I can hook it up. Its good to have a factory Rep on line to keep us in line. Thanks again. Wade
Wade Terral

Post by Wade Terral »

It WORKS!!!!!!!!!
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

I'm glad to hear that this works to your satifaction. Thanks for choosing Peavey and let me know if I can assist you in the future. I can be reached by phoning 1-877-732-8391 or by e-mail at "mikebrown@peavey.com".