Tried New Goodrich Volume Pedal Today

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Brocius

Post by Bob Brocius »

Thanks EB
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

I have a Goodrich Light Beam pedal and a Goodrich L120 lowboy pot pedal. I like them both.

The light beam seems to be a little clearer and maybe gives a slightly better tone.

It also seems to take less power from the amp. Just my impressions....al<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Al Marcus on 23 October 2000 at 09:49 PM.]</p></FONT>
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Ann,I think I am a good enough friend of you,John ,Bud ,and Carter guitars to say that I think your above response was excellent until the end of the fourth paragraph.

From that point on it came across to me a too heavy and disrecpful to a responder to the topic ,who in my opinion was trying to make a favorable comment about the Goodrich pedal,and to Carter guitars.

While his information was incorrect, I felt like the respondent was trying to compliment to Carter Guitars because they have had a repution for being sounding boards for other new products such the recent new line of Peavy amps.

Yes,I could have e mailed you privately but I just wanted to say publicly that you did not sound like the Ann that I know.

Don't do that again. Image

(Or have I missed something and this is a continuing saga?)<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by louie hallford on 25 October 2000 at 08:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Could we get back on the technical subject? It shouldn't digress to where we were back in August, regardless of who is right and who is wrong. Image

Thanks
Geoff Scott

Post by Geoff Scott »

Now the lightbeam Goodrich pedal is not infared as is the Hilton is it? If it's not infared I'd guess it's a whole different animal. I'm sure this new one is an excellent pedal, but I recieved an Edwards with a steel I bought once and it sounded kind of tinnie to me tonewise. As I understand it the infared of Hiltons pedal is a major factor that maintains the tonal quality.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Ahem... So this guy was walkin' down the street, ...
Ann Fabian

Post by Ann Fabian »

<FONT SIZE=-2>Louie Hallford: I have only one public answer to your last post: yes, I do think that you should DEFINITELY have called or emailed me privately.</FONT>

Bill: Hi Image The answers to your 3 questions from our perspective would be:
<OL>[*]Yes
[*]Highly unlikely
[*]No[/list]

I hear from Goodrich the CD2 pedals should be available in about 30 days. <FONT SIZE=+1>You can check out a</FONT><FONT SIZE=+2> CD2 </FONT><FONT SIZE=+1>pedal at the </FONT><FONT SIZE=+2>NY Show</FONT> <FONT SIZE=+1>in our booth.</FONT>

<FONT SIZE=-2>Ann Fabian
Carter Steel Guitars
www.steelguitar.com
The Steel Guitar Information Resource
www.steelguitarINFO.com
OnLine Steel Guitarists Directory
www.OnLineSteelers.com

</FONT>

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ann Fabian on 26 October 2000 at 08:21 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tom Ward

Post by Tom Ward »

Just what I need...another cord on the floor to trip over. I know what you're thinking, "Your Feet's Too Big". Anyone remember that song?