PV Nashville 400

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Robert Crawford

PV Nashville 400

Post by Robert Crawford »

I find it very intersting that a comment was made regarding PV Nashville 400s. Just this weekend I was playing my Fender Telecaster through it and the compressor light came on and the thing started to loose power crackle and pop. Could this be a problem with dirty pots. Any help please. My steel still sounds good through it with no problems.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Many times that is an indication the reverb I/O connector (Molex connector) is not making good contact. I've seen it on mine several times and on others.

The next time it does it, turn the reverb off and see if the problem goes away. If it does, it's most likely the I/O connector. Sometimes just spraying contact cleaner on both the male and female pins will take care of the problem, other times it may be necessary to very carefully squeeze the female pins together slightly so they make better mechanical contact.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Jack is right. Take the circuit board out and unplug the ribbon cables and spray them with a good contact cleaner. If that amp is 4 or 5 years old, it's almost guaranteed thats the problem.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

There could be other things causing the problem, but Jack basically has the right idea. I'd take Jack's advice.

Thanks Jack.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

yes Jack is correct. My Nashville 400 has done it since new. One test that usually works good is to lightly tap on the top of the cabinet with the reverb control off and then on. If it does it with the control on but does not do it with the control off, I can almost guarantee it is the molex connector not making good contact.

Of course, anything can go wrong with a piece of electronic gear and it does not have to be any of the above.

God bless you in finding the problem.

carl
Robert Crawford

Post by Robert Crawford »

Gentelmen

Thank you very much for your responce. I will take your advice and see if the problem is solved. My amp is only 4 years old but it has seen allot of playing time. I will check the areas mentioned. Thanks Very Much.