Keith Hilton's Digital Sustain info?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ronney Bailey

Keith Hilton's Digital Sustain info?

Post by Ronney Bailey »

Breaker Breaker ooops sorry I forget I'am not driving trucks anymore Image Anyway I was wondering if anyone has and uses or has used the new Keith Hilton Digital sustain Device that clamps on the steel leg? is it good? how do you like it? Is it worh buying? Give me some input on it and advice.I have used a model 6a goodrich supersustain matchbox for years but heard that the Keith Hilton device
was great..let me know inquiring minds Ya Know??? Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ronney Bailey on 17 February 2000 at 11:01 PM.]</p></FONT>
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Ronney,I use the volume pedal he makes that has some of the same circutry as the box,I have also used the Goodrich Match box. The pedal made my sound a lot clearer without any loss of highs and no matchbox is needed. The best thing I did was get away from the pot type pedal I was using.
Roy Thomson

Post by Roy Thomson »

I have the KH Digital Sustain and have been using it for several months now. Like it very much. I previously owned a lower model of the
Goodrich.
My advice would be to try one before committing. The reason I say that is because you will no doubt want to review your amp settings and experiment with the setting on the Sustain unit. It is not a tone control like you have on your Goodrich. I never used the tone control on my goodrich anyway so I don't miss it.
The KH does add a nice sustain and a bright quality to the sound.
Good Luck.
Roy T.
Ronney Bailey

Post by Ronney Bailey »

Thanks for the info Guys I May give it a spin
Image Lock this up thanks