Gizmo Alert!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Len Amaral

Gizmo Alert!

Post by Len Amaral »

With regard to my pedal setup! It always bugged me when I set the dials on my pedals and find the sweet spots and then the dial settings get messed up when storing the pedals away. It also bugs me to hook up several pedals together with the tuner & power supply. Talk about an electicians nightmare with wire running all over the place. I now use a Boss 3 pedal case with an RV-3 and DD-3 and TU-12H tuner with a Boss TU12-H power supply all neatly mounted in this durable plastic case. The case has a removable locking cover, when shut it protects the dials on the pedals from moving. The Boss three pedal case sells for $28.00 and is available through various catalogs. I have a CAD drawing and description of this setup if anyone is interested.
Regards,
Len Amaral

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Len Amaral on 23 January 2000 at 08:14 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Len Amaral on 23 January 2000 at 08:15 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

just a suggestion.
After I did find the "sweet spots" on stomp boxes, I would mark them with an indelible fine sharpie pen to get back to the spots.
It was either that, or a trail of finger picks.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Hey Len! I run my Mullen into a Lex MPX-100, then into an ART Model 341 Dual 15-band EQ and then out to an Evans FET-500 LV and a Peavey Nashville 400. I wrote down all the settings for all these gizmos and keep my cheat sheet in my Pack A Seat for future reference. It can be a real pain when someone or something messes with the knobs.

Lee, from South Texas

PS: Every now and then it's a good idea to twist and turn those knobs a bit, to keep things from freezing up.