Best seats

Post here if you're looking for something special
Leroy Riggs

Best seats

Post by Leroy Riggs »

For the first time in my life, I am thinking about buying a steel seat to replace my chair I carry around to my gigs.

Got any comments on the one you use? It's longevity? How does the cloth wear? Comfortable?
Dan Rollans

Post by Dan Rollans »

Hello Mr. Riggs. Dad and I build the Steelers Choice pac seats in a varied of sizes,material and colors. I would be more than happy to speak with you and help answer any questions you may have. There are good seat builders out there and several designs to choose from. Please feel free to call me. 501-888-5907. Thanks, Dan Rollans <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Dan Rollans on 13 April 2005 at 08:10 PM.]</p></FONT>
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Steelers Choice. The best steel seats in the world. Solid and beautiful. I always get comments on mine from audience members. A real premium quality product made by quality people.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

They're all great anymore but I prefer my Walker seat. Ray Walker has some little subtle twists in his seats I haven't seen with the others. Mine is the wide version with the extra compartment on the right and the heavy duty folding back. Hell, Ray even powder coats the folding legs on the thing...JH in Va.

------------------
Livin' in the Past and Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I've built a limited number of seats. After I retired and got rid of my tools I decided to buy a new seat and bought a Steeler's Choice Sidekick. I've looked at other seats and if I were to buy a new one today, if I needed a new one (and I don't) it would be another Steeler's Choice.
Ron Randall

Post by Ron Randall »

Steelers Choice is the best I have seen.

An alternative is a nice plush drum throne with a back rest. Adjustable like an old piano stool. But no place to put your stuff.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

There are two Steelers Choice seats at my house. I'd get another one if I needed three!
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Without a Doubt; the Walker Professional Players Chair.
Here ya go to order> http://tarheelmusic.com/steelseats1.html

------------------
Ricky Davis
Rebel™ and Ricky's Audio Clips
www.mightyfinemusic.com
Email Ricky: sshawaiian@austin.rr.com

Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Steelers CHoice has been taking care of my Butt for about 10 years and it is very appreciative !!!! Looks very smart too (the seat that is)
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

You CANNOT beat the Steelers Choice Seats !! They are made well and are very comfortable no matter how long you sit. They will last a long time too. I know these guys personally and have for a long time. They are great guys and build a GREAT seat. (Oops did I sound like Porter Wagoner jsut now?) Anyway you won't be disappointed with their seat. Image
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

I'm still using the Rollans seat I bought in 1993. I toured with it from 1996-2000. HARD touring, too...fly dates, in and out of a bus bay every night, dropped, slammed, etc., etc. It's seen all lower 48 and some twice or three times. It still works perfectly, and other than having an artist's name stenciled on it so we would not lose it, it still looks great too. One small tear in the covering, is all the wear it shows... absolutely unbeleivable for what it's been through.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I love my Steeler's Choice seat. I have the side-winder model with the compartment off to the side. Just right to keep some strings and winder in. You don't even have to get off your tush to replace a broken string. I also have the backrest on mine. Just great!!
Ernie Pollock

Post by Ernie Pollock »

GFI makes a real nice pac seat, see it here http://www.hereintown.net/~shobud75/stock.htm

Ernie Image
301-264-4172

------------------
Dan Rollans

Post by Dan Rollans »

On behalf of all the family here at Steelers Choice, I want to thank each of you for your kind words about our seats. We hope to see you at the Choo Choo show and at the Tulsa show. Please contact us if we can be of any assistance. PS: I agree there are some really nice seats and builders in the business. Thanks again, Dan Rollans<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Dan Rollans on 19 April 2005 at 06:41 PM.]</p></FONT>
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

I don't think you'll go wrong with the Steelers Choice or the Walker! I'd love to have either one Image
Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it. I will look at all the seats mentioned but it seems that Steelers Choice and Walker are most popular.

I am concerned about the long-term stability of the leggs of any chair. Has anyone experience bent or broker leggs?

Thanks again.
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

I Also Endorse Walker seats
And In My Opinion There isnt a better quality seat available ..
the other thing about walker seats is when you order one you get it !!!
there is no waiting period
ray Uses the finest materails available and like the guy says he even powder coats the aluminum legs ...
Go To Walkerseats.com and take a look for yourself .. and ray is a great guy to deal with ..
Just my two cents
Boo Miller
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Leroy,
If you order a Steeler's Choice seat, you can get it any height you want. I wanted mine an 1" taller and not a problem.
Erv
Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

OK, I've decided and to avoid any hard feelings, I will keep it secret until I buy it the first week in May.

Thanks to all.
Felix Blevins

Post by Felix Blevins »

One more plug for Steelers Choice Seat, and the Rollans.
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Heck let me get in here and plug my seat and also add that if you don't get a Walker then by all means get with Ken or Dan and get one of their seats. They do a fine job. I want to thank all of you for your kind words and let you know that I appreciate you each and every one. I simply try to build the best in each one I make.

Check em out www.walkerseats.com

Thanks
Ray Walker
Walker Seats
Vann Ray Cranford

Post by Vann Ray Cranford »

I am sure that there are some well made seats on the market today, and that they are made by some good people.
However, I have had the great pleasure of calling Ray and Debbie Walker my friends. They are both very fine people with great integrity. Ray custom made me a seat, and I don't know how I use to play without it. Years ago I use to sit in a chair,and by the end of the 2nd set I would have a hurting back. Now, I play three to four hours and have no fatigue or pain.
So the bottom line is this. Get yourself a Walker Professional Players Chair, and you will have a seat as good as it gets!!!
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

I have owned a few different seats and the "Steeler's choice" is also my favorite by far.

------------------
Bob
intonation help

Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Steeler's Choice is a great seat. Call them at 501-888-5907
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Does anyone make a seat with lumbar support and an integrated, or removable, hardshell lid that couples with the chair and protects the seat fabric and the backrest ? That's the model I'd want for flying gigs. Otherwise I'd think a seat would be safer packed in a box, I did it like that for a tour to Canada years ago.

------------------
E9 lessons
Mullen D-12/MSA D-12/Sho-Bud Pro 1 S-12/Melobar/Webb/Profex II