George Jones Special on PBS

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Zach Parish

George Jones Special on PBS

Post by Zach Parish »

Wow guys! Now that was a show. That was the best country music on TV that I have seen in a while. They had a heck on a camera crew. They had several close ups of Paul. I just wish it would have been longer!
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Excellent video shots of the steeler for a change. Even uncle Kracker was acceptable.
5 stars *****

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF www.geocities.com/squire592001/jason.html

Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

I thought it was the best show for country music I've seen in years. Paul looked great and sounded like himself playing anything he wanted at will. Can somebody tell what it is that this Uncle Cracker has done to be on that show? I've heard of him but never heard a single tune on the radio and I listen to everything new and old.
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

What were you all watchin'? I didn't see any Uncle Kracker.
Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

Phooey, I missed it, and I'm a big George Jones fan (oh, and that Franklin fella ain't too shabby either!!).
Charlie Campney

Post by Charlie Campney »

Excellent show. But, Harry Connick Jr. singing George Jones ? ? ? Well I don't know about that. Lots of good steeling.
Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Did anybody get it taped? I missed most of it but what I saw I really liked!
Roy Ayres

Post by Roy Ayres »

Direct TV Tivo here in the Memphis area has it scheduled twice tonight -- Friday, Nov26. I have it set to record tonight.

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR=BLACK><P ALIGN=left>Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.
Zach Parish

Post by Zach Parish »

I didnt see Uncle Kracker either, but I heard there was a two hour show and a one hour show. Unfortunately, I only got the one hour show. Image
Dave Little

Post by Dave Little »

I just caught a piece of this show last night (for the first time). Fantastic show. Best mix I've ever heard on a TV broadcast of this type. With a great band like that, you can really tell which singers "have it". Aaron Nevel was great - sang in his own style and made it sound and feel believable. Harry Connick, Jr. got it going about half way through his tune when he started swinging. Vince Gill - grabbed you right here (heart).
All the singers did a fine job, but only a few really made me feel the song. Of course George was untouchable.
Kenny Chesney - Are you kidding?
Best wishes
Dave Little
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Hey guys, this show is available on DVD. I bought it last year and never tire of it.
http://www.georgejones.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=45

Bill