Faron Young Videos

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Richard Bass

Faron Young Videos

Post by Richard Bass »

Here are some videos I posted on Youtube, I got these from Cal Sharps website. http://www.youtube.com/?v=mHbEh0r5JvM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h09VMB-MiSc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O14rZErSJ
The musicians are: Cal Sharp on steel, the late Steve Nath on drums,Ray Emmett on Bass, Ernie Reed and Hank Singer on fiddles, myself with hair, on lead guitar, cannot remember piano players name, and the Nashville Now singers, Hoot hester is on the Nash Now Video with Ernie. Two of the videos are not Nashville Now, but I can't remember the name of the show. Hope you enjoy.
Richard<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 01:43 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 03:31 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 06:59 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 04:47 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 04:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

WOnderful post......Thank you!
Deborah Mundell

Post by Deborah Mundell »

NICE! Thanks for sharing these - I'm really partial to Sweet Dreams. Steel sounds so sweet...

I couldn't get the third one to work - says the video is unavailable.

Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Cool, Richard. That was Terry on piano, wasn't it? The other show was "New Country", taped at the Cannery.

C#
www.calsharp.com
Richard Bass

Post by Richard Bass »

Cal, I believe your right. I guess it's true "first thing to go is your memory". Image By the way your website is as good as it gets. Great job. Richard
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 02:36 PM.]</p></FONT>
Herman Visser

Post by Herman Visser »

Richard.....thanks great post
Cal....... really great web site.
Enjoyed them both Thinks
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

Here's another from the Nashville Now show:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7O14rZErSJ0&search=nashville%20now

Nice stuff, Cal.

-John
Richard Bass

Post by Richard Bass »

Thanks John Steele, Thats the third video I tried to post, I didn't get the entire URL into my message. As you can see I'm getting alot of practice with the edit button. Image
Richard<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Richard Bass on 21 February 2006 at 04:53 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ernie Renn

Post by Ernie Renn »

Richard;

Go to TinyUrl.com. Copy the long address and paste it into the box and click the button. It'll make it into a short url. A lot easier to fit into posts. Image

Cool clips, BTW! Gotta love Faron!

------------------
My best,
Ernie
www.BuddyEmmons.com
Richard Bass

Post by Richard Bass »

Thanks Ernie I'll try that next time.
Richard
Bob Watson

Post by Bob Watson »

Richard, thanks for posting these videos. I would be curious to know what year it was that these appeared on Nashville Now? The band sounds great but I especially got a kick out of hearing you and Cal.
Bob Martin

Post by Bob Martin »

Good stuff Richard you and Cal were the real stars huh? I think I saw Cal looking at your backside on one of those shots:-)

Big Bob
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

Hey Dr. Watson,

We did that "New Country" in 1989. It was a fun gig. Free food and a pretty make-up lady. Oddly enough, we all showed up sober. ;-)>

Cheers,

C#
www.calsharp.com
www.wildcountryband.net