Post by Charles French »

Good to see you were man enough to admit it Image
Robbie Bossert

Post by Robbie Bossert »

Was this thread really necessary?

Robbie Bossert
Brett Anderson

Post by Brett Anderson »

Not sure it was necessary but it is amusing. Someone mentioned Eddie Rabbitt. Thers a guy I will always miss. Truly a talent. I heard the new Garth song for the first time today and I must say as Garth songs go this is definitely another one. Where are the tribute songs to the guys who have passed away that could sing? It may be jealousy regarding Girth because I sing better than he does.
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

I can't believe this thread has run into TWO pages now ....
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Donny ,It's for sure he is worth millions,so was Al Copone.I have never been able to understand how he became a household name instead of people like Gene Watson or Dale Watson.It's a damn shame he has the money,and they have the talent.Trying to imitate Van Halen,Kiss,or A.C.D.C. dont make him country.And if he only smashed one guitar,thats one to many,I dont care if it's a thirteen dollar stella.It's a strong probability he's responsible for the crap out there today.These clowns today that feature over driven guitar,twirling mikestands[maybe thats better than singing into it]and incorporating rap in their MU-SICK,and being billed as country,now that is ludicrous and sick.We need Randy Travis to make a comeback,not Mr.Yearwood.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I want to jump on the bandwagon too and voice my disgust for Garth Brooks. I never cared for his singing nor his style of "country". His smashing guitars just makes me sick at my stomach, especially since there are so many people who would love to have a guitar who cannot afford to but one, and he is up there smashing them. And that is considered entertainment. I hate the song "Friends In Low Places" but the song he put out "The Dance" has some great words. I am sure he did not write the song but he was a "big name emtertainer" and I guess that is how the song was given to him.