The Description of Country Music

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

btw, If you want to know the secret to REAL ITALIAN spaghetti sauce,email me and I'll tell you how its done! [yes there ARE secrets to it!] ....bob<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 03 September 2005 at 08:42 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 04 September 2005 at 05:40 AM.]</p></FONT>
Lillie Powles

Post by Lillie Powles »

Bob, you know i was just teasing you.Or at least you better know it!!!!! i knew what you meant nice guy. And if you ever think other wise, i will come to your house, and force you to teach me steel guitar, and feed me italian food, until i weight 300 pounds!!!! i think you misinterpreted my point, i didn't think it was confrontational in the least. Sorry you thought that. If that is the case, we just won't say it my friend. WSK Lillie Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Lillie Powles on 03 September 2005 at 11:42 PM.]</p></FONT>
FIONA TOMANY

Post by FIONA TOMANY »

Have you guys tuned inot www.wdvrfm.org
real country music there.
wu;ld you not agree al types of music is being sold down the river by record comp[anies who are more intereted in selling units than making music. I listen to Jazz its not jazz im hearing i listen to folk its not folk im hearing adn god bforbid their even doing it with clasical muisc. I vry few songs now have a great melody line and its making it hard for steel players.Ilove to hear a get melody being played on steel.In the Uk radio stations have this impression that country music consistis of 6 singers singing the same 6 songs songs drives me crazy
A final thoughti think the pop world uses country music as a dumpoing ground for acts it just does not know what to do with. thats whyyour not hearing the real stuff. Which is out there sa i discovered when i found Tom wardle and wdvr radio he featurees pedal steel all the time.
Bob Smith

Post by Bob Smith »

A final thought here, too bad the" Time Tunnel" from the 60s doesnt work anymore.... peace, bob