What Ended Your Careers?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Dale Bessant

Post by Dale Bessant »

I couldnt stand people saying "nice Keyboards,man" once more I wouldnt be responsible for my actions....seriously, it was said before "Economics" not enough to get by ....but I still love music and always will..... Image
Charles French

Post by Charles French »

What Career?

Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

This is an oldie, but coincidentally I heard it for the first time in a long time this morning:

"What do yo call a professional musician who doesn't have a girlfriend?"

"...Homeless"

------------------
Mark
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mark Eaton on 15 May 2005 at 01:10 PM.]</p></FONT>
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

.....or, who doesn't own an amplifier!
www.genejones.com
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

Actually, I was just so darn fantastic, they tied me up, put me on a bus and sent me here!

(not....)

c c johnson

Post by c c johnson »

lack of talent. CC
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I guess knowing when to call it a day eludes a lot us. However when the crowds started changing, getting younger and when the music got to where it wasn't fun to listen too yet alone do.It was an easy decision. But looking back even tho some say there is no looking or turning back I am well satisfied with what the music did for me and all I accomplished.The many friends I made and still can communicate with (with a lot of thanks to this here Forum and the puter).I would have to say like all, I miss the old days,When Hag kept us all working indirectly by writting and singing his songs.I had made a pact with myself when I reached a certain age. I would not work the club scene and 1990 was that year. I did a stint with a traveling group a couple years back but it got to me. Money was always good right up to the time I made my decision. I have regrets that I devoted so much time to the music and missed so many things my kids did as they grew up before I did. But they grew up in a nice home and recieved the proper educations because old pop kept aworkin. I guess I was lucky enough to find a good horse to ride and did so until the horse couldn't run anymore. But what a ride it was.......

------------------
Smiley 15-4 Crank&pull pro model Deluxe with auto string changer.200 ft. roll.