Mindy McCready beaten,nearly strangled....

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Smiley Roberts

Mindy McCready beaten,nearly strangled....

Post by Smiley Roberts »

More troubles for Mindy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/05/03/69312490.shtml?Element_ID=69312490

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

What a chaotic life! Poor girl!

Kind Regards, Walter

www.lloydgreentribute.com
www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf

------------------
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

It sounds like her previous problems were self-inflicted, but there's no excuse for what this guy did. I sure would like to see a legal system that quit distinguishing between murder and attempted murder. That's God's choice, and the perpetrator should receive the same punishment regardless of the outcome.

Takes a real big man to bash a woman around like that, don't you agree? Very disturbing behavior. I can never understand it.

As for Mindy, I hope she recovers and turns her life around.

------------------
HagFan

PS: I guess the reason this set me off is that my daughter works with a woman who was badly beaten by her husband on Mother's Day. The people at work were wise enough to notify the police. What will come of that, I don't know. That was fresh in my mind as I read about Mindy.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ron Page on 10 May 2005 at 09:29 AM.]</p></FONT>
David L. Donald

Post by David L. Donald »

It sounds like this guy was both a cause
and a symptom of what her problems have been.

Sounds like the type of guy to make any girl drink too much...
drowning the misery.

Get rid of him, and she may get back on track.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 10 May 2005 at 11:06 AM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

........and to think,all this time,she coulda had a nice guy,like ME!! Image Which goes to prove one thing...nice guys DO finish last!! Image

------------------

Mark Metdker

Post by Mark Metdker »

Girls don't want nice guys. They want a "bad boy" that they can reform.

Whatever. This is what she gets for hanging out with scumbags.

Hopefully she can get clean and start making better life choices. I wish her the best.

------------------
Zum U-12 w/True Tone pickup thru a Nashville 112

Strats thru a tweed Bassman

Band Pics
http://community.webshots.com/album/176544894AuXSmi

Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

I can understand how it could drive her to drink. I just read it and I think I'll have a beer.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

A comment on Mark's post about "bad boys."

There's a theory being talked about lately called the "Cad/Dad Syndrome," which states that when women just want a fling or a casual encounter, they prefer a "cad;" a goopd-looking hunk that is great in the sack but is an a$shole or a Neanderthal elsewhere. When the woman wants a commitment like marriage, however, she seeks a "dad"-type; dependable, reassuring, good provider, care-giver.

The problem for gals is when they find a Cad and think they can make him into a Dad. Usually doesn't work. Also, women who were abused by their own dad, or saw how dad mistreated mom, are also prone to chose abusive or flaky mates.

Of course, men have the "Mother/Whore" complex, but that's another thread... Image

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

<SMALL>...I think I'll have a beer.</SMALL>
Hold on Howard...I think I'll join ya. (are you buyin'??) Image

------------------

Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

Hey Smiley, I'm buying, but I'm not gonna deliver it, ya gotta pick it up.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum S12U, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3
http://www.Charmedmusic.com

David Cobb

Post by David Cobb »

Someday she'll be the subject of yet another made for TV movie about a girl who tried to make it in Music City, but instead got chewed up and spit out.
Maybe she needs to make tracks back to where she came from while she still has a pulse.
Mark Metdker

Post by Mark Metdker »

Hey Herb. I think I've seen this theory proven so many times it may not be a theory any more.

Now I want to hear more about the other theory you brought up! Sounds fascinating!

------------------

Band Pics

Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Can you say "CO-DEPENDENT"?

I knew you could....
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

TLC had a series some time ago that detailed the issue of attraction versus stability. Their take on the motives was that the female subconciously assigned greater genetic value to the renegade/rebel/bad a$$ dude, but knew that a stable nest required a stable mate.

We won't even begin to cover what PBS's NATURE said about flamingos.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ray Minich on 10 May 2005 at 02:10 PM.]</p></FONT>
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Sad

Hook

------------------
www.HookMoore.com
Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

Remember the ole "cross the line" tale. Either your on one side of it or your on the other. Either you do or you don't. Same way with drugs,alcohol and bad company. Either you do drugs or you don't/Either you drink or you don't(I'm not talking about a couple of mix drinks or a few beers. That's fine if a person knows when to quit) and finally BAD COMPANY> what was it the old folks used to say,"Birds of a feather flock together". I'm not giving up on Mindy! Sometimes you have to fall before you can get up. Stand up against the demons and fight Mindy! NEVER QUIT!
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Sounds like a bad episode of "Cops" to me. Not that there was ever a good episode.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

"As ye sow, that shall ye also reap". A quote from the smartest man that ever lived. Jody.
Jon Moen

Post by Jon Moen »

Sounds kind of like Whitney Houston's story......
Jo Ann Joyce

Post by Jo Ann Joyce »

My 1st career was in Law Enf. My former fiance (NOT my husband now of 12 years,he's an ANGEL)...used to periodically drink but I didn't think it to be excessive. He was a Lieutenant on a Police Dept of 1,200 officers. After four years together he one day turned on me in a drunken rage and I am lucky I escaped with my life. This is not gender biased. I cannot tell you how many MEN I took to shelters, one of which was killed by his wife who stalked HIM and found him leaving a safe house. Domestic Violence is a serious issue, and inferring the victim has a say in the abuse is akin to blaming a rape victim for dressing provocatively and "wanting it." Bottom line, these are sick people who commit these crimes and their victims are not at fault. Men and women alike need to take this seriously and look out for one another. If you suspect this is happening in a friend or family member's life, do something to get help for them, but please do not sit in judgment. And please, don't make fun of Mindy...this could be your daughter (or son) that is a future victim. No one will think it amusing then. My best to Mindy, may her health be restored.
David Spires

Post by David Spires »

Jo Ann,

I couldn't agree with you more. My wife runs a crisis hotline for Vanderbilt students, and she has certainly done her best to educate me about similar incidents and cases.

Thank you for posting your thoughts,

David Spires
Jo Ann Joyce

Post by Jo Ann Joyce »

I have one victim (male) whose wife stalked him from the safe house and killed him. There is no stopping some folks when they become obsessed and take the "If I can't have you, nobody will" stance. Mindy is lucky she is alive, and I wish her well.
Mark Metdker

Post by Mark Metdker »

Jo Ann makes some great points. Sorry if my comments seemed insensitive. It's not Mindy's fault and she should get away from that guy immediately. I wish her the best.

------------------

Band Pics

Bill Llewellyn

Post by Bill Llewellyn »

The scary part is that this guy may still have access to Mindy down the road. If he's incarcerated, I hope he cools off before he gets out.
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I think that some of us out here are someone elses rejects (right?); I thank God that I was rejected and ended up with a fantastic lady for the past 50 years. The gal that fired me has gone through several husbands, oh well........