Porter Wagoneer Show

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Mike Sigler

Porter Wagoneer Show

Post by Mike Sigler »

I was watching the Porter Wagoneer Show tonight and saw two little boys singing, There names were Dwayne and Toby Phillips, they were about 10 years old (Maybe)..
Just wondering what ever happend to these your stars.. Are they still in music, do they still preform? anybody have any info on them?
Thanks!
Mike<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mike Sigler on 27 March 2005 at 09:03 PM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Campney

Post by Charlie Campney »

I think I heard Porter introduce them as George's boys ? ? Don't know if he meant that they were Geo's sons ? ? I'm confused ? ?
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Anybody have clue?????
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Mike,I know one of those boys...his name is Duane(sp?)Phillips...he played guitar in George's band for a while in the'90s...I think he replaced Jerry Reed(the one who worked with Mel Tillis),who replaced me...I can't remember his brother's name,but I have a video clip of them singing"Together Again"on the Porter show...backed up by the Jones Boys...hope some of this makes sense...it's early!
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Steve
Thanks for the info! Were are they today, is dwayne still play does he have a web site, does he have out any recordings.. on and on and on???????
Thought he was very talanted as a young man and can only guess what he must be like today.. Thanks for your help!
Mike
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Mike...I haven't seen him in at LEAST 10 years...sorry...I think he moved back to Dallas...
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

I re-wound it a couple of times to make sure of what he said, and Porter did introduce the boys as being George's.
Jay
Chubby Howard

Post by Chubby Howard »

Hey Mike I played with him in Nashville around 97 or 98 and he sang great he did you comb her hair by jones and he just blew me away he is agreat player and singer but I dont know where he is I think I heard Branson but not sure. Chubby
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

George has two sons...but they are not the two boys singing on that tape...
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Do they ever run any of the old "Porter Wagoner At Opryland" shows,from "TNN"? I did 8 of 'em,back in '84.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Cody Johnson

Post by Cody Johnson »

They had a porter at opryland show on a few weeks ago. One of the special guests was a young Mark O'Connor on fiddle. Don't recall who the steeler was.
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

pee wee was playing on that show,
Billy Keeble

Post by Billy Keeble »

I seen that Porter show also...The kids were great..Sure would like to have a copy of that if anyone can help me.I have money, but not alot...remember i am a musician...lol
Billy Keeble www.billykeeble.com