Claude Gray

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Max Williamson

Claude Gray

Post by Max Williamson »

Anybody know where I can find CD's of Claude Gray.Great singer,ET's record shop has no listing for him.Thanks.Max
robert hays

Post by robert hays »

Max go to www.claudegraycountry.com and you will access his home page and store etc. hope this helps
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Thanks for that link. I tried before to do a search on Claude, but no results. I had the pleasure of backing Claude up with my band back in the mid-seventies. He had great stage presence, always wore a black suit and tie, and of course he stood about 6'6" or more. A great deep voice. The long tall Texan.
Max Williamson

Post by Max Williamson »

Thanks for all the info,found what I was looking for. I did a Canadian tour with Claude back in 67 or 68,his bass player had broken his leg,and I filled in for him.
Max
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

"I Never Had The One That I Wanted" is such a great tune. I especially like the lead guitar work. Gotta get that CD soon.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Count me as one of the lucky ones that got to back Claude. It was only for one show where I was in the house band, but it is one of my highlights in playing. I remember he liked Bb a lot. He did a great "Sweet Caroline", as well as his stuff, like "If I Ever Need A Lady, I'll Call You" and of course "I Never Had The One That I Wanted" and "The Family Bible" Unlike todays singers, you knew it was Claude when you heard his voice. Besides Ray Price, Claude Gray, and Tony Booth are my favorites. After the gig with Claude, our band was playing the local VFW Saturday night dance. Claude was still in town the next night, with nothing to do, so he came out to hear us. We were so thrilled that a somebody of his calibre would come out to listen to a local bunch like us. He just became one of the guys that night and was very friendly and humble. Thanks for the memories,Claude. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by George Kimery on 15 February 2005 at 04:53 AM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Don't forget,"I'll Just Have A Cup Of Coffee (Then I'll Go)" One of my favs.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Ray,I like the guitar playing on that record too-that old"335/Echoplex"tone...the steel intro is cool too!
Russ Hicks

Post by Russ Hicks »

How about 'If I ever need a lady I'll call you'...with the Big E on steel...classic
robert hays

Post by robert hays »

I just talked to my friend "Cousin Carl" at kwkz and he told me he was going to try to phone Claude in the morning and talk to him on the air,they are good friends so If you can in the morning go to WWW.KWKZ.COM between 07:00 and 11:00,and catch the interview, he will be playing some Claude Gray music too FYI