Jandek played a concert.

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Martin Abend

Jandek played a concert.

Post by Martin Abend »

Maybe some of you might know his music. He has released records since 1978, but no one knows who he is since he never ganve interviews or performend live. Finally, after alle these years, he played a concert at a experimental music festival in Glasgow. I still having a hard time believing it, but it seems so be for real.

For those who don't know him: You most probably won't like him. He can't really sing and detunes, or "re-tunes" his guitar for each song. I think a lot of his records are absolutely amazing and definetely worth checking out. But only if your musical horizon doesn't end with Jimmy Buffet...

More here: http://tisue.net/jandek/

MArtin

------------------
martin abend Pedal-Steel in Germany
s-10 sierra crown gearless 3 x4 | fender hotrod deluxe

Doug Brumley

Post by Doug Brumley »

Thanks for the info and link, Martin. I'm not familiar with Jandek's work, but I know the name from reading that one of my favorite bands (Low) recorded one of his songs for a tribute album a while back. I'll have to check him out.
Martin Abend

Post by Martin Abend »

Hi Doug,

yeah, Low covered "Carnival Queen" awhile back. It's also on their new rarities box set on Sancturay that was just released and wich is highly recommended.

If you follow the link in my initial post and go to the mailing list there is an archive of postings. Among the most recent ones there is a link to a site with MP3's from the concert... a stunning performance.

MArtin

------------------
martin abend Pedal-Steel in Germany
s-10 sierra crown gearless 3 x4 | fender hotrod deluxe

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Martin Abend on 20 October 2004 at 07:22 AM.]</p></FONT>