Anyone Remember Peggy Little?

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Mike Sigler

Anyone Remember Peggy Little?

Post by Mike Sigler »

She Only had out a few tunes in the 60s or early 70s.. But was wondering if she is still singing, or were is she now?
I have a great vidio of her on that good ole nashville music with Hal Rugg on steel, She was singing (Son of A Preacher Man).
MS
frank rogers

Post by frank rogers »

Yes! A great singer. I remember her tune "Little Golden Band" from about '69 or '70. She sounded as if she had been influenced by Brenda Lee.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by frank rogers on 01 April 2004 at 08:03 PM.]</p></FONT>
frank rogers

Post by frank rogers »

Oh and BTW, I think she was referred to as "Little Peggy Little" at one time in her career.
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

The last I heard of her,which was SEVERAL years ago,she was working as a waitress,in the Dallas area. When I joined Tommy Overstreet,back in late 70,they had just broken up,as a vocal team. One of the tunes that I can recall,that they recorded together was,"Good Day,Sunshine",an old Beatles tune. I have one album by Peggy,on the Dot label,"A Little Bit Of Peggy"(her 1st).

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Tim Rowley

Post by Tim Rowley »

Sure I remember Peggy Little. Fastest vocal vibrato I ever heard in a female voice! I recall listening to her sing, among other songs, a cover of the Lynn Anderson hit "Rose Garden" on one of the half-hour syndicated country music TV shows back around 1969 or so. I always wondered what happened to her after she quit working with T.O.

Tim Rowley

Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Didn't she have a cover of "Son of a Preacher Man". I know someone did and I thought it was her but maybe not. I do remember that vibrato. We always called it the Canadian Trill as artists like Lucille Starr and Sylvia Tyson and some of them had it. Also if anyone knows, whatever happened to Margo Smith? She also had that type of voice....JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and the Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Margo Smith!
What a great singer, I had a chance to Back her up while i was working with Holly Dunn, She was on a package show with us, and i also got to know her pretty well on a 8 hour plane ride.. She was still doing some gospel with her daughter Holly, and was talking about retiring.. Because she had a new grandbaby on the way..
I enjoyed working with her, She has not lost a thing, as a singer or preformer!
She is a TRUE Lady.
MS
Richard Tipple

Post by Richard Tipple »

Hi Mike,,hows it going there buddie.
Your thread reminded me of a lady we backed up years ago when I was with the "Phoenix" band
,,,Charlie McClain,,,just a tiny little lady with a big voice.
She had a song on the charts "Sentimental Old Me"
I always wondered what happened to her