S12U Humbucking Pickup

Post here if you're looking for something special
jeff reynolds

S12U Humbucking Pickup

Post by jeff reynolds »

I am looking for a Good Warm sounding Humbucker For My Dekley S12. It has a single coil in it now and I wonder if I can find a humbucker that will go in the slot witout having to Rout the Neck. If I have to rout it I will ...Any Suggestions?????

------------------
Dekley S12U 7X5 / Gibson Flying V, ES335, G&L ASAT Z3,Fender Vibrosonic, Fender Quad Rev. , Twin Rev. , Deluxe Rev. & Fender Super Rev. W/ 15" ProFex II
www.theearthangels.net

Del Rangel

Post by Del Rangel »

Does it use a wide or narrow pickup mount?
(Screws on the sides or on the ends?)
jeff reynolds

Post by jeff reynolds »

narrow I think.... I sent you an email.
James Quackenbush

Post by James Quackenbush »

I'm not much of a Humbucking pickup type of guy , but one of the only humbuckers that I was impressed with other than an old clap trap would be a George L 12-1 .....It has a hint of presence to get you heard, but has a nice bottom end , and a nice warm mid range ....It's the humbucker I think of when I think "warm" ....There's the Bill Lawrence 900 series, and others out there, but the George L 12-1 sounded best to my ears..
Again, this is just my opinion ....Jim<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by James Quackenbush on 28 March 2005 at 12:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
John Fabian

Post by John Fabian »

If it's the original Dekley pickup, I think you'll need to rout the neck.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I have a custom made Pitman humbucking blade pickup for a 12 string that measures 1.25 x 4.25" and is less than 1" tall. The mounting posts are about 2 1/8" apart and go thru the cabinet.