Attention Opry Fans

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Jason Stillwell

Attention Opry Fans

Post by Jason Stillwell »

Anyone who despises the hosting duties of Katie Cook as much as I do might try writing CMT and voicing his/her opinion at http://www.cmt.com/comm/faq.main.jhtml and clicking on the "e-mail customer service" link on the left-hand side of the screen. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jason Stillwell on 27 April 2002 at 09:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

Katie might be inexperienced but thank God a few people tolerated me when I was inexperienced in playing on stage.

She'll Learn... Image

Leroy<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Leroy Riggs on 28 April 2002 at 07:26 PM.]</p></FONT>
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

IMHO the point is'nt that she's inexperienced. The point is that she takes up to much time with talking about things that are completely unrelated to the proceedings. If I want to see an interview, I'll watch a talk show.Or If I want to get inside information on a Star, I'll read the Country magazines. Image

Leigh
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Poor Katie isn't at fault. The producers tell her how long to talk and when to stop. Altho, she could do a little more homework on her subject matter.You guys couldn't do any better week after week either. Take it from a pro's perspective. Image Image

------------------
"Let's go STEEL something"
If it feels good, do it. If it feels COUNTRY, do it twice
jpp

Fred Murphy

Post by Fred Murphy »

If I had been in charge, she and whoever hired her would have been fired when she called Ralph Stanley "that old man", because she didn't know his name when talking about him after he won the awards. She has no business doing what she doesn't know anything about. There are a lot of competent people available for the job.
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

<SMALL>There are a lot of competent people available for the job.</SMALL>
yeah, but do they have a cute little turned up nose and perky breasts?

do not think she was in any way hired for any alleged interviewing/hosting skills....
David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

I didn't see what was said, either. (I always miss the good stuff Image ).

However, just a little technical point: nobody took away anybody's "right to free speech". I'm pretty sure you can still go out, find some webspace, and say whatever you want. And if that gets censored, buy your own server, register your own domain, etc.

Sorry -- just a pet peeve of mine. "Free speech" doesn't mean the freedom to say anything you want anytime and wherever you want.

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by David Pennybaker on 30 April 2002 at 10:16 AM.]</p></FONT>
Leroy Riggs

Post by Leroy Riggs »

Leigh,
<SMALL> The point is that she takes up to much time with talking about things that are completely unrelated to the proceedings </SMALL>
Everything you mentioned in your latest post is related to inexperienced. An experienced announcer knows WHEN to say something and HOW to say something. She hasn't learned yet because of 'inexperience'. Give her time. (Maybe several people should read between the lines here.)