Feud in Nashville Byrd/Chestnutt

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Jason Odd

Post by Jason Odd »

Money Mark who plays keyboards and does turntable work for the Beastie Boys has a great little trick where he runs a wah-wah pedal set-up through his turntable system, it's a really cool sound if you've got any taste in that direction.
I figure these guys want to be the country-tinged Beastie Boys in their own way,... sort of.

I still think Beck does better things with a steel guitar and hip hop breaks.
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

I've always thought that rap was a music substitute for the tone deaf.

Bill
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Is this the same Mark Chestnut who had the hit with a remake of an Aerosmith tune? Standing up for country? Oh Really.......
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Hmmm....Seems like I read somewhere that "Rap" causes cancer in rats!.....???? Image

Dave
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

Southern Rap Commission Challenges Tracy Byrd And Mark Chesnutt To High Noon Showdown For Future Of Country Music

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Aug. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- The heat is on. What started out as a war of words has evolved into an imminent showdown between country recording duo Tracy Byrd and Mark Chesnutt and the Southern Rap Commission. Call it Nashville's Old Establishment vs. the New Generation of Country Music.

The first shot was fired in the weeks leading up to the release of Southern Rap Commission's first release, "Banned from Nashville," when Byrd expressed his disapproval of "boy bands" in country music and desire to oust country rap from the music scene. The feud has escalated and Southern Rap Commission is ready for the challenge.

"The best way to handle this is to let the people decide," said MC Wild Turkey. "The Southern Rap Commission challenges Tracy Byrd and Mark Chesnutt to a showdown at high noon. They tell us when and where, and we'll be there. The future of country music is the prize. I'll predict now that Tracy Byrd will be changing the name of his album from 'Ten Rounds' to 'First Round KO'd'."

Southern Rap Commission has caused a stir in Nashville and around the country with their new breakthrough album, "Banned from Nashville," featuring country-inspired rapping by MC Wild Turkey and Gangsta Tea.

In addition to fighting criticism of country rap throughout Nashville's inner circles, several members of the country music scene have used this feud as a chance to take shots at MTV's Carson Daly who raps along with Southern Rap Commission in the album.

"Carson is a friend of ours and those who have anything negative to say about him should stay out of dark alley ways and lighted rodeos alike because we'll be waiting for them," said Gangsta Tea.

With Southern Rap Commission's "Banned from Nashville," country rap is here, and it's here to stay.

"Our music fills a big gap in the music industry. Pull over any kid in a pickup truck down South and he/she will have either a Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre CD AND a Tim McGraw CD. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my Stetson," said Gangsta Tea.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
erik

Post by erik »

Well, call my cynical, but i think this "feuding" stuff is probably making the suits giddy.

David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

<SMALL>when Byrd expressed his disapproval of "boy bands" in country music and desire to oust country rap from the music scene.</SMALL>
I'll have to agree with Tracey there (though I'd change the last two words to "COUNTRY music scene").

I'll be the first (maybe second, Theresa -- haha) adding pop and folk influences into country music. But, with "boy bands" you start to cross the line of putting the visual WAY ahead of the musical, IMO.

I don't know the history behind "Marshall Dillon", but I suspect it's the "we can take any good-looking boys who can dance and teach them to sing" mentality.

<SMALL>"Carson is a friend of ours and those who have anything negative to say about him should stay out of dark alley ways and lighted rodeos alike because we'll be waiting for them," said Gangsta Tea.</SMALL>
Threats? That should be enough to get him dropped like a cold turkey by the music industry.

<SMALL>Pull over any kid in a pickup truck down South and he/she will have either a Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre CD AND a Tim McGraw CD. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my Stetson," said Gangsta Tea.</SMALL>
I hope he likes Stetons. Image

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Sage

Post by Sage »

It sounds like the "suits" behind this are the same who run the WWF.
"Byrd and Chesnutt have the T man in a headlock and OOOOHH! Did you see how Tracy got kicked across the stage into that box with the strings on top? His head is sticking thru the bent bars like a monkey at the zoo!"
Puleeeze.....
Max Rowe

Post by Max Rowe »

I think those boys need a RAP on the head......a 1" bar well aimed between the eyes maybe.....Cowboy Rap....GIVE ME A BREAK!.........I say that all the time just ask my old guitar player..LOL

Max Rowe