Darrell McCall

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

John Hawkins

Darrell McCall

Post by John Hawkins »

Could someone give me a list of Darrell McCall's C.D. albums that B/ Emmons is playing steel on ? I have two --"A Way To Survive" and " Pictures Can't Talk Back " . They are my kind of country music and I would like the names of some of his other C.D.'s if someone would be kind enough to list them . Or give me source where I could look them up .

Many thanks !!!

John
MALCOLM KIRBY

Post by MALCOLM KIRBY »

"Lily Dale" , "All She Did Was Fall In Love" (Artap) - not sure if this is on CD. And the Bear Family boxed set "The Real McCall".
Mitch Drumm

Post by Mitch Drumm »

"all she did was fall in love" is on CD: Artap ART-071. released in 1992. Label address if you need it: Artap productions, box 3601, brentwood tn, 37024. i don't know if the label is still in business.

do yourself a favor and get my favorite mccall cd (other than the bear family box, which is a must): darrell mccall and the tennessee volunteers, "reunion", on BGM 1231.

this "reunion" cd is a reissue of a vinyl lp from the 1980s, with Dicky Overby doing a knocked-out job on steel.

Possible source: dixiraks records, box 22325, nashville 37202; phone 615-321-0464; they are mentioned as a distributor on the cd.
Warren Frid

Post by Warren Frid »

You should be able to find everything through songsearch.net or collectors choice.com. songsearch is the best and is a good source of European re-issues.---And always check with A.J.@ The Ernest Tubb Record Shop in Fort Worth,Tx.[817] 624-8449
They have a great variety of traditional country and Texas independants---not the crap that fills the bins in Nashville.
WF
John Hawkins

Post by John Hawkins »

Many thanks to all who replyed ! I'm printing the replys out and will start looking !

Thanks again everyone !!!

John
Graham

Post by Graham »

"Reunion" CD can be purchased here:

http://honkytonkinmusic.bizland.com/store/countryII.html

Check the site over for a real good selection of great Texas and Traditional music, including a section of steel guitar.

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

You can also go here... www.broadcast.com/Music/CD_Jukebox/Country/wp_d.html

and listen to it all online, as well as place an order for it.

Lem
gene brown

Post by gene brown »

For $5:00 a year,you can join Darrells fan club and receive a news letter every month. Also where you can buy his music,and where he is playing. Go to the web page and type in Darrell McCall. I will post the address when I get home, I am at work and don't have it with me. Gene
MALCOLM KIRBY

Post by MALCOLM KIRBY »

John Hawkins

Post by John Hawkins »

Thanks again guys !!

I ordered Lily Dale and Reunion c.d's from E.T. record shop in Ft. Worth . They have the box set too but I'll have to work another couple gigs before I can hand over the $ they want for it .
You all have been very helpful !! I appreciate it !

Regards to each one of you !

John