Get your "real country" CD's here

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

David Pennybaker

Get your "real country" CD's here

Post by David Pennybaker »

As I was going to bed last night, I turned on the TV for as second, and caught an interesting "info-mercial".

It sounded like something that many of you might be interested in.

It's Time-Life's Classic Country Collection.

8 CD's, 145 songs (from the 50's, 60's, and 70's). All by the original artists. (Cassette also available, but no LP's or 8-tracks).

It's 4 payments of $26.99 + S&H of $8.95 -- for a grand total of $116.91

The number to call is 1-800-637-3339

For those of us who don't have a huge collection of these "golden oldies", this sounds like a great deal.

And even if you do have a large collection, it might make a good way to get a compilation of all the "great songs" (as defined by Time-Life).

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Bill Sharpe

Post by Bill Sharpe »

Yes, it is a good collection, even Smiley liked it Image

------------------
B#

Latina

Post by Latina »

And I might add that the handsome Bill Sharpe, in a bluish colored shirt, who is one of the spokespeople and talking about making even a Monday morning good, is none other than my husband. I might also add that this is a "must-see" informercial for my family and me; every time it is playing we stop, switch the channels on all of the TVs in the house and watch my wonderful husband give his spiel on this informercial. I should probably add that the product that is for sale is great, too Image
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Sure but how do you know for certain that it is really "country music", eh? I'll bet you don't! Not without COUNTRY MUSIC IDENTIFICATION SERVICE!. For details just follow this link and scroll down!

http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum10/HTML/001286.html
HOWaiian

Post by HOWaiian »

jim, yer killin' me! cut it out!