GREAT Country on Dish Network

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Bob Knight

GREAT Country on Dish Network

Post by Bob Knight »

If you have Dish Network satellite, Check out Channel 950. I've had it for about a year and the channel is described as "New Country". I had never bothered to even check it out. It is not NCS. It is TEXAS honky tonk.
Today it's been J. Bush, Darrell McCall, Justin Trevino, Cornell Hurd, Dale Watson, Chris Hillman, Vince Gill, Jr. Brown, G. Jones, Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant, Biller and Wakefield, and the list goes on, 90% hard drivin' steel by such pickers as Herb Steiner,Ricky Davis, John Hughey, Jay Dee Maness, Rick Price, Dickie Overby, Bob Kelly, some guy named Emmons, J. Day, Gary Hogue, Bobby Garrett and a bunch more!!!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bob Knight on 26 January 2001 at 04:25 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Frank Venters

Post by Frank Venters »

Bob, I listen to channel 591 on my Dishnetwork and listen to Classic Country, 50's/60's/ and 70's. I'll have to cruise over to 950 and give a listen.I assume we all get the same channel numbers. I'm in North Central Indiana.
Abe Stoklasa

Post by Abe Stoklasa »

Frank, Don't Strain yourself goin' from 951 to 950. I was in rehab for days!
David Pennybaker

Post by David Pennybaker »

<SMALL>J. Bush, Darrell McCall, Justin Trevino, Cornell Hurd, Dale Watson, Chris Hillman, Vince Gill, Jr. Brown, G. Jones, Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant, Biller and Wakefield, and the list goes on, 90% hard drivin' steel by such pickers as Herb Steiner,Ricky Davis, John Hughey, Jay Dee Maness, Rick Price, Dickie Overby, Bob Kelly, some guy named Emmons, J. Day, Gary Hogue, Bobby Garrett and a bunch more</SMALL>
Never heard of them. Must be new! Image

Perhaps you should complain about the name of the station to Dish Network. Then again, they might realize their mistake, and put the new stuff on there instead! Image

------------------
The Unofficial Photographer of The Wilkinsons

Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

You are right David,
I started to contact them and compliment on the great music, but was afraid they would realize thier mistake Image Image
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

Hello Everyone;
I need some help here if anybody can answer..I am lookin' all over for this station & am having no luck finding it..I have the "big" dish-the C band they call it..Does anyone know if the channel is on the big dish?? I have a bunch of radio stations like the smaller dish but the station numbers are different-i mean 950 on mine is totally different..Thanks to anyone who can help..Ron