www.memory

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Rick Morris

www.memory

Post by Rick Morris »

Has any body else heard this tune by Alan Jackson? The first time I heard it, I thought it was a dumb idea for a song. The next time it came on the radio, I really listened to it and realized that AJ had done it again. I think it's a great hardcore country tune with a contemporary theme.
What do the rest of you think?
P Gleespen

Post by P Gleespen »

Same here. When I first heard it, I was laughing at it. Now I'm sing along with it. Go figure.
BTW, I grew up in Toledo. Great place to leave! Image
James Bissaillon

Post by James Bissaillon »

I too thought it was another dumb www tune like the others I've heard in the last couple of years. But this one I like. Pretty much ignored it on the first listen, but after that, it grabbed me.
tim duvall

Post by tim duvall »

I listened to the premier last week. That's where they have a live interview with the artist and play the whole CD. Let me tell you, it's one good recording. There is steel all through it. One song is real blues style and it sounds like the steel is played on the C6th neck. Probably my favorite song is "where I come from".
B Barton

Post by B Barton »

It's a great CD "When Somebody Loves You". It was just released this past Tuesday.
Franklin, Mason, Worf....good as usual.
I didn't really care for it at first, but it grows on ya.

------------------
Black '76 Emmons D10 - 8&6 - wood necks
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

I just purchased Jackson's new CD. IMO it's not as great as his others (I have all of his Cassettes & CDs), I was expecting this CD to be a total winner, which it is not. I only like FIVE songs on the entire CD. I will continue to purchase Jackson's CDs in the future, once in awhile an artist will have a "not so good " CD release, this is where Jackson is on this one but then again that's my taste regarding what I consider "ass kicking country music" Jackson could have done better this time.

Now should I go out and purcahse Dwight's new CD?????

KEN "The Steeling Policeman"<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Kenneth Kotsay on 11 November 2000 at 02:03 PM.]</p></FONT>
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I posted this a few months ago! Go Alan!!!!