NEW Tradional Country Artist, Darryl Worley

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Dennis Wood

NEW Tradional Country Artist, Darryl Worley

Post by Dennis Wood »

Darryl Worley is one of the very few up and coming young artists to carry a pedal steel and a fiddle in his road band. Darryl has just released his first CD with two videos playing on CMT, both in the Top 12 Countdown: When You Need My Love and A Good Day To Run, just released yesterday. Buy his CD and watch his videos and support tradional country music.
Terry in H-town

Post by Terry in H-town »

Right on Dennis! He is going to make it BIG
I am going out right now to buy his CD. It's seldom that we get such "good young talent".
Brad Paisley is another good one who I think will move up very quickly.
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Darryl Worley has potential in the country market for sure! Theresa
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Killer steel by Paul and Mike Johnson, too.
Bobby5102

Post by Bobby5102 »

Darryl is the real deal when it comes to traditional country and has been waiting a long time for his break. He is from Savanna, Tn and has been singing in clubs around that area for a number of years. I was lucky enough to co-write with Darryl his current single, "A GOOD DAY TO RUN" but if you have a chance, check out the song, "SECOND WIND", co-written with Steve Leslie. Its one of my favorite ballads to be released in the past couple of years. I agree, Mike Johnson and Paul Franklin really played some cool stuff on this project. Also, in case you didn't know, this project was co-produced by Frank Rogers, who also produces Brad Paisley.
BJ Bailey

Post by BJ Bailey »

That go'es to show ,it is not the singer or the musician
We have the youth that are qualfied for the job.
Also, today's studio musicion's are at their best.
Now if we can get who ever doses the chooseing, of the material they sing to come across?
If someone would just push or premote a good real country song?
Are we going to ever have another legend grow out of the late'st crop that Nashvill has turn out?

------------------
BJ Bailey

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BJ Bailey on 04 October 2000 at 02:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I went for a listen at CDNOW, and sure enough...he's got a good sound! That proves that all new country doesn't have to have those "crashing cymbals" that seem so popular in Nashville. Image
Alan Shank

Post by Alan Shank »

I have ordered the CD from Amazon and will report (from my own, narrow point of view, of course)when I have received it and listened to it.
Cheers,
Alan Shank