new country chick-act ???

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Neil Hilton

new country chick-act ???

Post by Neil Hilton »

Just caught a glance of the cover of the current Rolling Stone on the magazine rack the other day -

Madonna sporting a cowboy hat and a well-weathered old acoustic guitar under her arm. What a great shot in the arm she would be for country radio!!!! Maybe a duet with Toby Keith or Tim McGraw is on her new album - a certain hit indeed!!
erik

Post by erik »

Madonna always knows when to jump on a trend before others act. I think she has seen the success of the Dixie Chicks and now wants her piece. She's very shrewd. Then again, it just might be some promo for a movie.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I hope she considers the gendre. Maybe Gaylord will use her as their new poster girl for country music. Actually I really like Madonna. Different, different, different. Best, Boomer
Amanda Ward

Post by Amanda Ward »

Please don't mention Madonna and Dixie Chicks in the same sentence! Dang! I just did!
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

More "Jiggly Country" on the way? The Dixie Chicks aren't as rich and famous as Madonna. But, they are younger and better looking. I think that's all that counts in music nowadays! Image
Al Udeen

Post by Al Udeen »

Neil! Now what does she need shots for?
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Does this mean that Madonna is going to be considered a "Redneck" Now? Or maybe New Country? Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dave Robbins on 21 September 2000 at 09:34 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dave Robbins on 21 September 2000 at 09:37 PM.]</p></FONT>