Trace Adkins

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Dan Dickey

Trace Adkins

Post by Dan Dickey »

I am a relatively new steel player so I hope I don't say anything real stupid. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get my hands on the tablature for the steel solo in Trace Adkins song--Lonely won't leave me alone. I think that solo is so good, I just have to learn to play it. Does anybody know who the player was on that song?
Rick Tyson

Post by Rick Tyson »

Dan
I think it may have been Steve Byam on that cut for Trace. I havent talked to Steve for a while but if I can find his E mail address I will post it for you & maybe Steve can help you out

------------------
<h3>
<P align=center>
<font color=red>Steel Forum Members Pictures
</P>

<p align=center> Image

Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Paul Franklin was doing his sessions. I have his first CD and it's Paul on that one.
Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Dan, Rick and Jack,

Rick and Jack, you're both right. Paul did the sessions for the album. Steve is doing the tour. Steve's phone number is: 615-952-2351 and his e-mail address is: kgb1232@aol.com Paul's info is unlisted. Dan, that is a cool lick!

Bob Putnam
kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

Steve Byam is long gone! Actually He's with Jo Dee Messina!
Dan Dickey

Post by Dan Dickey »

Thanks for the info guys. I know there are a lot of very pretty and nifty steel licks out there but if I never learn to play any other lick, I've got to learn that one. Thanks again for responding.
Randy Hess

Post by Randy Hess »

Steve is with Jo Dee. I just saw him yesterday at the Hodag Festival. He sounded great. I took over with Trace the first of last year after Steve left. It is a great solo, one of my favorites to play. I don't know if I could tab it but if you need help just email me... HummingbirdAMS@cs.com