------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

We can leave town now for the weekend! kr
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

Guess I'll drink some Coors Light and listen to some old Ray Price and Ernest Tubb tapes.
Good night to practice.....

------------------
Bob Myers Derby S10 3&4
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

I think I'll tune in to the Opry as I do every Saturday night. The line up looks good to me. I don't know who Tammy Cochran is but I'll watch anyways. Jimmie C. Newman, Jim & Jesse and the Happy Goodmans are all good.
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Guess everyone who's anyone is doing a fair this weekend. I bet they wish Dale Watson were in town this weekend.

------------------
HagFan
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Tonight should be good with Darryl Worley!
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Looks good to me. Tammy Cochran has a song out called "If You Can", or something like that. I think it is real good.

------------------
Carter D10 8p/10k
Richard Sinkler BS, www.sinkler.com

Anne Marie O Keeffe

Post by Anne Marie O Keeffe »

Who is Darryl Worley?
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Darryl's a new artist on Dreamworks.
I listened last night he did a fine job singing, just no band Image
Theresa
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

That is just one half hour, the Opry is live on the internet,listen to the whole show. Got to hand it to Pete Fisher he is mixing it up. I watched shania last night on CBS. As one who hasn't given her a chance I have to say it was an entertaining show.I may not have liked all the songs but she and the band sounded good to me.It was a younger crowd and they all seemed into the music. The steel player had some good rides and probably the best seat in the house.

------------------
CJC

Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!! Where have they been hiding Tammy Cochran all this time? That girl can SING! When I saw her on Opry Notes I just thought she was another "blonde" act but did I ever get a surprise. The Happy Goodman's have been my favorite gospel group for my entire life and I thought they did wonderful tonight but I miss Rusty and Sam. I'm going out to get a Tammy Cochran CD asap! Image
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

As expected there was no steel on the telavised portain. However Cajin, Bluegrass
and gospel make for a nice mix of styles.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Mike Weirauch

Post by Mike Weirauch »

Janice, there was lots of steel behind the Goodman's and Tammy Cochran. Tommy was on the big monitor doing the intro to one of the Goodman's songs. The televised portion was not without steel tonight!
James Smith

Post by James Smith »

I'm with Mike. I saw a GREAT SHOW with plenty of steel. Great playing by Tommy White as usual. I also noticed that the camera was in tight on the steel on the giant screen. I really liked the way they can control the lighting on the new set. I thougt that Tammy Cochran did a great job and I think we'll hear from her in the future. Also, did you notice how Ms. Cochran was working the micropone? When she got to the lines with most emphasis she really "cranked it up" vocally from the looks of how far away she was holding the microphone. I would love to see/hear her in person sometime. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by James Smith on 01 July 2000 at 08:08 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby5102

Post by Bobby5102 »

The Goodmans were magical. They really went over great on the second show as well. Tammy Cochran was really a crowd pleaser. I understand she has been in town since 91. It was another great show with alot of variety.
Vernon Hester

Post by Vernon Hester »

The Goodmans were great,We produced the the Goodman Family show, when it was Happy and his sisters.(WLOS-TV) mid fifties. They were nice folk and could they sing.
Vern
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Great show.
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

the intro Tommy White played with the Goodmans was one of the best I have ever heard. Way to go Tommy.

Bob Drawbaugh
MSA U12 Image
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Mike W ,save me a place in line for Tammy's cd.She was great.The crowd knew it too.

If she has been in Nashville since 1991,has someone decided she is too country and is this the reason we haven't heard more of her.

I thought the whole show was very good and is what I want to hear when I see or listen to the Opry.

Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Tammy Cochran was hot, hot, hot! And she could sing too! I'm totally in love with that girl and I'm heading out to get her CD as soon as I can. I love the way she worked that mike. Too many singers hit those high loud notes and stay right on the mike and distort the sound. She's a pro and will give Dolly P. a run for her money in the body department IMHO!!!! The Happy Goodmans did their usual great show. Are they Opry members? If not they really should be. I don't like most gospel groups but I've always liked them and the late Wendy Bagwell and the Starlighters.

------------------
Have a good 'un! JH U-12

Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I finally got to watch the last two Saturday nights shows yesterday. Neither show was bad, and the biggest knock is on the WSM staff sound and camera people. Mikes not turned on, camera shots of the wrong musicians picking, etc. I also still get the feeling the stage is a lot more "cluttered" or not as much space since they moved Tommy back with the rest of the staff band and put in the new backdrop.

About the only thing, I can't stand the Goodman's. I have nothing against gospel music (I've done a lot of it and even worked with Denny Yeary).
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

I felt so much family love when the Goodmans sang the song thier son wrote for them.It was obivious they felt it too.I even told my wife thanks for all the good years after the song was over. Image ImageRay
kyle reid

Post by kyle reid »

I missed the show! But from what I read here, Steel was alive and well on the Tel__avised Portion! All but one said so! kr
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

Vestal Goodman has a new CD out on the label I work for (Pamplin) that is all duets with various artists. There are two on there, one with George Jones and one with Vince Gill that have some killer John Hughey steel on them.