Stan Hitchcock

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Dave Grothusen

Stan Hitchcock

Post by Dave Grothusen »

Looks like the place to find something I have been looking for for years. If any of you have the Hitchcock version of "Shadow of Your Smile" with Chalker I would buy a taped off copy. Stan was one of the original guys to put in a theater in Branson back in the 70's I believe. Was a nice fellow and a good intertainer. Do not know what happened to him. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks, ~ Dave
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Hey Dave,
I think Stan's a member of the Forum if I'm not mistaken. He was posting on here a while back and he might see your thread and answer you himself.........

------------------
Have a good one! JH U-12
Ray Cothren

Post by Ray Cothren »

SJ,
Stan H. used HitPro@aol.com as his email address last year. Don't know if it's still current.
Fred Murphy

Post by Fred Murphy »

I once played a show here in Indy with Stan Hitchcock. He is a great singer. This was in the middle sixty's. I had not heard anything of him, until I was in Nasville about 1981 and saw him somewhere close to Twitty city at some kind of a steel show. He sang American Trilogy and sang it the best I have ever heard it done. A great talent that should have went a lot farther in the music industry. I hope he is doing well.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Didn't Stan start CMT tv or have something to do with it?
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

Fred, your are right about Stan being a talent that never developed to the point he should have.
Joe, I think you are right about Stan being a part of the creation of CMTV. Donot know if he is still involved.
I did hear from someone who played with him at one time and has offered to send a copy of "Shadow". Thanks Donny.
And...I thank you all for your input. It is nice to have this venue. Remember when steel pickers would hardly talk to each other? Might "steel" a lick.
Dave