Justin Trevino CD-GREAT !!

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Larry Lenhart

Justin Trevino CD-GREAT !!

Post by Larry Lenhart »

While in Dallas last weekend at the steel show, I bought Justin's CD. He was there and sang a few numbers to the delight of all. What a great voice !! It is a great CD-if you like Ray Price/Johnny Bush style shuffles, you will love this CD. He has several guest steel guitar players. I had the good fortune to see him sing at Big Balls in Cowtown in Fort Worth several months ago with Gary Carpenter on steel, and so I was delighted to find this CD. It is a MUST HAVE in your CD collection.
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Glad you did this Larry.I met Justin about a month ago at a Darrel McCall concert and bought his CD.I like it better than most CD's that I own.

Jim Loesberg's playing was also superb.I wish I remembered the other steel man,who was also very good.

Jimmy Day also had one cut on the album which was being cut shortly before he died.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Does anyone know if he's related to Rick Trevino? I haven't heard anything from him for a while.

------------------
Have a good one! JH U-12
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

No relation Jerry.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Louie,
I THINK,the other steeler was Rick Price.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿©
mm
-=sr€=-</pre></font>
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I had the oportunity to meet Justin here in Nashville last year, what a nice man. Then to my surprise he sang at the Dallas show. If we had more guys like him I think we could save country music. He is great. Everyone buy this CD.

------------------
"Play from your heart"
"Music 1st, Money 2nd"
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
Zumsteel D10/11
E9th, E13th, C6th

Ray Cothren

Post by Ray Cothren »

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ray Cothren on 17 March 2000 at 10:35 PM.]</p></FONT>
Janice Brooks

Post by Janice Brooks »

Ray that is Justin's earlier album that was out in 1998. His new one was out a month ago
titled "Loud Music and Strong Wine.
It can be found here at a good price with a bulk order. www.texasmusicroundup.com/ruclifford.html
Texas Music Roundup.

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Janice Brooks on 17 March 2000 at 09:21 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Janice Brooks on 17 March 2000 at 09:22 PM.]</p></FONT>
Don Fong

Post by Don Fong »

Trevino is a good sideman, too. He plays mandolin on a Randy Meyer track. The mp3, contained within a ZIP file, can be downloaded. Click on the Randy Meyer link at the following page:
http://roar.music.columbia.edu/~cecenter/afindex.html

Don