Dave Robbins

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Mike Weirauch

Dave Robbins

Post by Mike Weirauch »

An excellent job tonight on the opry. Your sound was up in the mix and your tone was great AND you backed a still beautiful lady who can STILL sing......on key! I see she still snaps her fingers to the beat behind her back. Great job. Image
Huey Moore

Post by Huey Moore »

Tonight was one of the best opry's Ive seen in a long time the steel players had the best tone I have heard in a long long time. Sam

------------------
Sam
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Excellent Job Dave,Jean sure answered the critics too.Nic twin stuff. Pretty good Steel spotlight all in all pete fisher seems to have a pretty good mix going. Opps I almost forgot the Coal miners daughter and daughters were not that bad either.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Joe Casey on 05 March 2000 at 05:18 AM.]</p></FONT>
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Thanks ya'll, your kind words are appreciated.
It's not the easiest thing to do to play in front of the likes of Tommy white and all the other great pickers at the Opry!
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

Hey Dave,
I enjoyed your playing Saturday night very much. You guys have a beautiful arrangment of the Tennessee Waltz. Ask your piano player if he misses LA. He used to pick out there when I did and called himself "Bobby Lee". Also does he still play the fiddle?

------------------
Have a good one! JH U-12
Garryharris

Post by Garryharris »

While working on a construction job in Nashville I struck up a conversation with a young plumber by the name of Hawkshaw Hawkins. He hadn't been born when his father was killed. We talked about his dad and his mom Jeanie Shepherd. Like a lot of young guys he wants to get in the music business.
Jeeter

Post by Jeeter »

Just caught the nice things that were said about your playing, Mr. Robbins. I know that you used to play for a gospel family called The Singing Hemphills. I heard you play at the Ryman years ago with these fine folks. I heard you on the Opry last week. You still play as fine as ever, rich tone and great finger placement. Keep it up.