another rumor from the opry

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

John Steele

Post by John Steele »

An appropeau sick joke:
A depressed musician stood on the bridge, looking down into the churning waters below,
summoning up the courage to jump.
A second musician saw him from shore and yelled "No! No! Stop! Wait!" as he ran toward him...

"It's no use" the jumper said, "It's all over for me. Don't try to talk me out of it"

The second musician replied: "No problem, I won't. I was just wondering where your gig was..."

-John
BarPix

Post by BarPix »

I heard that Pete told the artists who insisted on using Leon Rhodes as an extra to their band would have to drop a band member if that was their choice.
Bill cole

Post by Bill cole »

SJ there in lies the problem those boys that ahve the jobs for now better stand up and see what side there coming down on. I know for sure I will never be anywhere near A$$burg unless it'd to visit friends. The was and old steel player standing on the corner in Buffalo N.Y he had a knife in one hand and a gun in the other And a drummer " course they musicians anyway" but he kinda strolled up to the steel player saying hey man things can't be that bad you don't have to take you life the old steel playes said hell man I aint gonna take my life I just can't figure out if I should shot up the street or cut across the corner. oh well Im gonna continue picking no matter what Mr. Fishey does
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Sorry Marty. Rich, powerful people run the world, and there ain't much we can do about it.

But I do thank you for trying!
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

The new rule at the opry is that some but not all of the older artist can only bring 3 musicians. I know that Del Reeves had to cut 3 of his band and several more had to cut 1 or 2. But this rule does not apply to everyone for some reason. I can't give my opinion on this because I work there ocassionally. It is probably true that Mr. Fisher is not up on his opry history and I am by no means defending him nor putting him down but I think he is simply Gaylords hatchet man. I know for a fact that when Bob Whittaker took the job as opry manager he was supposed to do the things that Mr. Fisher is doing now but for some reason could not bring himself to do it. The Opry and country music has survived many changes in the past and will survive these.

------------------
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"The Time Jumpers"