69 ZB D-10 8x5 for sale

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Duncan Hodge

69 ZB D-10 8x5 for sale

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Hello Folks,
Not to flood the ZB market as there appears to be another beautiful blue ZB, for sale at the moment, but I am working on a deal for another steel that makes it necessary to sell this one.
This 8x5 ZB, seial #0127, was totally refurbished by Greg Jones and shipped to me in December 2004. The finish is in fantastic condition. The only problem is that one of the Grover tuners for the E9 neck has come apart. Greg Jones has graciously agreed to put your setup on it, and tune it up at no charge, Extra knees will cost extra, as per Greg. Greg, if I have misunderstood, or misquoted you, please let me know.
Price is $2,400. This includes a new set of Grover Rotomatics and shipping to London KY. If it doesn't sell, Greg, I will most definitely be sending it you you for a tuneup and be more than happy to keep it.
Nore pictures available, you can even pick your favorite location for me to take the picture.
Duncan.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 24 October 2006 at 05:00 AM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Duncan Hodge on 24 October 2006 at 07:22 AM.]</p></FONT>
Chuck McGill

Post by Chuck McGill »

Duncan. ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! What a great ZB.
Somebody will get a gem of a steel here and you will regret it bud. Not to change the subject but the 12 str is going to Greg in 2 weeks.
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Yes Chuck,
I may regret this, I also may change my mind any minute and withdraw the sale. It is absolutely a beautiful instrument. I am having a really hard time with selling it. I just have a strong interest in another steel and SWMBO has decreed, with my agreement, that two is enough at any given time. The only way to swing the other deal is by selling the D-10. I'll still have my SD-10, though.
I'm glad to here that the rare ZB U-12 is off to Greg. BTW where do you get your boxes for shipping steels. Last time I tried to build one myself and it was a disaster. I want to do it right this time.
Duncan
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

This ZB is in mint condition. Better than new.
Jerry Delpaz

Post by Jerry Delpaz »

I can't believe you would even think of selling such a beauty.I would give everyting to own such a beautiful steel.The person that gets this is going to be one luck human.Its a beauty..
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

You guys are making it really hard to let go of this steel. It is at least as pretty in person. However, it is the only way to make the deal for the other steel, unless one of you want to spend a whole bunch of money for a 1969 red ZB SD-10 that looks at least as good and has also been totally refurbished.
Duncan
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

This is a sweetheart of a guitar!!! Marv Fluger did the refinish and matched the original color blue that was hidden underneath the fretboards and endplates. It will never fade again and the finish is like glass and darn near bulletproof. The guitar was originally 8 & 3. I added the LKR and LKV when I restored the guitar. The knees are NOS ZB and match the original levers.

With all of my ZB customers, I warranty my work. If the guitar comes to me before the new owner gets it for a new set-up. The warranty extends to the new buyer. There is no charge for the set-up or warranty.

Just a friendly bump for a great guitar and great guy!!!

Greg
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Thanks, Greg, I really appreciate the input.. Hey guys, what Mr. Jones said. BTW Greg, if it doesn't sell here pretty soon I'm going to send it back to London, KY for a tune up and keep it.
Duncan
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

that's what a steel should look like!
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Sold pending payment. When payment arrives donation will be sent. This beautiful guitar should be on its way back to California if everything goes well.
Duncan