Mel-O-Bar Guit-Steel

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Susan da Silva

Mel-O-Bar Guit-Steel

Post by Susan da Silva »

Six string regular guitar with additional neck that is a six string steel guitar. Actually all the strings are made of steel, but one neck has frets, the other just has some guide lines and guide dots. The front of the guitar has a dark blue and grey marbled facing. It comes with a Hybrid case. The case is in absolutely new condition. The guitar is in very close to new condition.

This guitar and case were a Christmas present I ordered for my husband Dean Forshee in 1999. Unfortunately, he died in January 2000. It sat around the house for three years then I took it to a local music shop where a lot of people looked at it and handled it, but no one made an offer.

I'd like about $1000, but want to hear all offers. Will take best offer that I get by October 1, 2004. You can reach me on this forum or at susanwa@netscape.net.

Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Just want to bump this for Susan. Wish I had a need for this. Regards.....
John Rickard

Post by John Rickard »

These Guit-Steels are great sounding and playing. If I didn't already have one (the very first one) I would definately buy this one. I'll spread the word Susan.
JR
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Somebody needs to help this lady out by buying this and probably getting one heck of a good deal-At the last guitar show I was at the new owner of Mel-O-Bar had one there-I seem to recall he had a price of around $2200 on it
Susan da Silva

Post by Susan da Silva »

Thanks very much for the positive comments, guys!

In case anyone tried to communicate with me via the e-mail address, I must apologize. I haven't been able to receive mail there for a couple weeks. So let's just communicate about this here. Thanks, Susan
Al Sato

Post by Al Sato »

Is there a photo somewhere of this guitar, or a similar one? Thank you.

Al<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Al Sato on 29 August 2004 at 01:30 PM.]</p></FONT>

I found a picture at the Melobar web site. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Al Sato on 29 August 2004 at 10:43 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Al Sato on 30 August 2004 at 03:45 PM.]</p></FONT>
Dean Black

Post by Dean Black »

hi susan, is there any way you can send me a couple digital pictures of this guitar ,i may be interested in this guitar. you can send them ,or any other info on this ,directly to me at deanmblack@juno.com thanks dean
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Dave Zirbel on 12 August 2006 at 09:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

This thread is two years old; I'd be surprised if the axe were still available...
By the way, good to see you here, Dean! I hop you're doing well!
Jimbeaux
Dean Black

Post by Dean Black »

yes jim,i realized this was an old listing ,after making a post . the story of my life (better late than never) good too here from you as well . all is good in myrtle beach... see yaaaaaaaaaaa