GFI S-10D "What a surprise" !

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Billy Carr
Restricted

GFI S-10D "What a surprise" !

Post by Billy Carr »

I normally don't post these kind of comments when putting guitars up for sale but I figured I needed to on this. I took a S-10D GFI, 3 & 4, white mica, GFI-II p/u with me tonight(Fri) to play in place of my S-12U Carter which I brought home to the office to service and replace strings on this weekend. I was totally blown away with the tone and the way the GFI performed. The new jagwires were put on Thursday night. Guitar was in perfect tune all night. I commend Gene Fields for a job well done with the little guitar. This one won't be around long. It can find a new home for 1800.00. ( Like I said, I normally don't say this much about guitars but I'm just giving credit where it's due to the GFI folks.) I'm still a CARTER player!
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Why were you blown away? your just finding out what the rest of us GFI owner's have known for a long time..Lol
Really: you shouldn't be blown away that it is a great guitar...With genes building background would you expect anything less?
MS<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Mike Sigler on 08 April 2006 at 03:45 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ernie Pollock

Post by Ernie Pollock »

the best part of the GFI Steels is that they all sound good, not just one here & there, you can count on Gene Fields to make you sound the very best that you can with any of his guitars, 'tone to the bone' is what I say!! Love them GFI's

Ernie Pollock Image http://www.hereintown.net/~shobud75/stock.htm

------------------
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

GFI's Are great I Know I Have One. SONNY.

------------------
Richard Mitcham

Post by Richard Mitcham »

Yep, and me too.

------------------
Richard Roach jr

Post by Richard Roach jr »

GFI made me a great steel i am handy cap and play from a wheel chair it sound and plays beter than my sho bud
ty big time to GFI
Bill Moran

Post by Bill Moran »

A friend of mine just bought a SD10 GFI Ultra. I played it last nite. This is a great guitar !!! Image Great tone and very easy to play. It fit me like a glove.

Bill
Bob Roncetti

Post by Bob Roncetti »

Yes these are fine guitars. I'm very happy with my candy blue S D-10 ultra!!
Uffe Edefuhr

Post by Uffe Edefuhr »

Even thoug I have had a break in my steel playing (15 years) and now have started to play again, the GFI Ultra is the best sounding steel I have played. I started play on a swedish made AWH in 1974, after some years I played , Sho-Bud, MSA, Dekley, Sierra and even tried one Fender. It is a plesure now to sit down at my new GFI Ultra s-10. Sounds so good I have problems to belive it! Minimum cabinet drop and a sustain that I did not think exisited.
Just love this guitar!
Thanks Gene and Bob!
Uffe
Billy Carr
Restricted

Post by Billy Carr »

GFI has found a new home in Ohio. Donation on the way to forum.