North County Steel Guitars

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Danny Kuykendall

North County Steel Guitars

Post by Danny Kuykendall »

Just wanted to share with all Southern Californians my experience with Jim Palenscar, who owns North County Steel Guitars in Oceanside. I brought my steel in on Thursday, needing a small repair, by Tuesday of the next week, Jim had the legs chromed, the knee levers resurfaced and a tune up on both necks done. And, at a very reasonable price. I drove from Fullerton (over an hour away) and I'll definitely make it back whenever I need something. All done with a good attitude as well. Jim has played steel for 30 years and teaches also.
If you get a chance, let's support him!
Danny K
Ron Victoria

Post by Ron Victoria »

Isn't Fullerton the original home of Fender?
Ron
Danny Kuykendall

Post by Danny Kuykendall »

Ron, Yes, Fullerton even has a street named after Fender where the factory was. Fender moved out (I'm not sure where) about 15 years or so ago. Currently, the Fullerton City Museum is displaying many of Fender's original guitars, including the first electric guitar (looks like a steel) and a steel guitar or two.
Danny
Everette Reeves

Post by Everette Reeves »

Danny, would you have the email address of Jim Palenscar (North County Steel Guitars)?
I would like to ask him a guitar question.
I am using the forum here because my email
to you bounced. Thanks, Paul
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Thanks for the kind words, Danny- I appreciate them. Everette- my e-mail address is stlgitr@sbcglobal.net. I'll be gone till the 12th on a trip with Noel and Shirley Anstead (from "down under"/Anapeg Guitars) and look forward to being back. We're gonna find some rare timbers in Yosemite for a new guitar Image .
Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

Bump it up for Jim.
I bought some bell cranks for my MCI from him and they are perfect. If you are haveing mechanical issues , talk to him..

Bud
Wilburn Meeks

Post by Wilburn Meeks »

I have purchased three steels from Jim, Don't ask me why, I have a thing for steel guitars.Jim always takes the time to make sure the set up is right for me and if I have a problem he will take the time to fix the situation. Its great to have a steel store in my area.
Roger Marshall

Post by Roger Marshall »

Hey Danny, I grew up in Fullerton. I have a '69 Strat that I got straight from the factory. It had a slight finish flaw. My buddy worked there and picked it up for me at employee price. I still have it.

Now, I live in Oceanside about 10 min. from Jim's store. Jim is definately one of the nicest people I've ever met. His store is great too. I'm glad you had a good experience dealing with him.

Roger