L©©K! – Sierra Session U12 – 8fl & 5kn

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jerry Clardy

L©©K! – Sierra Session U12 – 8fl & 5kn

Post by Jerry Clardy »

This guitar has a new home. Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jerry Clardy on 17 March 2005 at 01:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

TTT - This is a really nice guitar that is hard to find.
Dan Burnham

Post by Dan Burnham »

Bump for Jerry, this is an excellent guitar and for the money you won't find any better. I'm surprised it's stayed this long. Contrary to conversation this is a light but solid guitar.

And besides, Jerry is a stand-up guy!!!!!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Jerry, how much does it weigh in the case?
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

Thanks for the kind words, Dan.

Jim, I'm trying to find a way to weigh the guitar. I'll take it by the UPS store tomorrow and find out. I know it's quite a bit lighter than my older Sierra guitars. The footprint is much smaller, too, because of the leg placement that is inside the body instead of being outside with the folded legs configuration. This reduces the weight by quite a bit in itself. Also, the pull rods and bellcranks are smaller and with this many pulls, it reduces the weight quite a bit. The cabinet is lighter, too, but the guitar is still very sturdy.

The wheeled case has some of the weight when the guitar is in the case because it's made of impact resistant heavy plastic. The guitar itself is surprisingly light and sturdy.

Sierra hit a home run with the Session series in my opinion. This U12 is like having a fully equipped D-10 with a 25" scale in an unbelievably compact package. It's just a really neat guitar is all I can say.

Here's what the guitar in the closed case looks like. With a couple of straps around the case it would be easy to carry as luggage. There is a handle on the end opposite the wheels to pull it along.

Photo removed.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jerry Clardy on 17 March 2005 at 01:49 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

Jim - The guitar in case with extra pull rods weighs 58.30#. That's about 20# less than my 1981 U12. And, like I said, a lot of the weight is the case itself.

You and this guitar would look good together! The pedal setup on this guitar is B6/E9 which makes the tuning B6 without the lock. A great universal tuning for C6 players. There are added features for the E9 as well.

For anyone interested, I can email a pedal chart. The guitar can be set up in any standard configuration, though.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jerry Clardy on 15 March 2005 at 09:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
Dan Burnham

Post by Dan Burnham »

This guitar is a wonderful steel. If you buy a new one of these baby's from Tom you are going to spend 4900.00.
I can tell you for fact that not only are these wonderful sounding guitars but that they are built to last. If you don't believe it, let "Cowboy Eddie Long" play your steel, if it can last him one session then you have a good steel, now I didn't say that Eddie Long did it. Now who is "Cowboy Eddie Long" Ask Hank Williams Jr. and Kenny Chesney, Eddie does his session work. The only steel that can hold up to Eddie long is a U12 Session just like this one.

buy before some one misses this deal.
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Dan Burnham on 15 March 2005 at 06:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

Trade pending.
Jerry Clardy

Post by Jerry Clardy »

Please lock this thread.

This great guitar has a happy new owner!
Thanks for every inquiry on the guitar.
/jc