Sell D-10 Carter steel

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
George Allour

Sell D-10 Carter steel

Post by George Allour »

2 Year old Carter D-10, 8 x 5knee. Perfect!!
Blue Birdseye. Never been out on job. Save $700. I think Al Marcus or Bobbe Seymour would vouch for me. Asking $2100 plus shiping.

------------------
George Allour
Tim Tweedale

Post by Tim Tweedale »

Hi George... I have sent you an e-mail.

-Tim
Junior Wilson

Post by Junior Wilson »

I'm interested in the Carter as well. Please let me know if it's still for sale.

------------------
George Allour

Post by George Allour »

Just a little nostalga fellow formanites:
I am one of many who has made a legimate post to sell a Carter D-10 steel, just 2 yrs old and NEVER been out of my uprstairs practice room. I have heard people put down the Carter mainly because it is quickly made and available. The horror stories that are put out about a Carter are lies. One thing to remember is "WHO BUILDS THE CARTER?? WHO WAS ONE OF THE INOVATORS IN PEDAL STELL MECHANISMS?? WHO BUILD THE M.S.A. FOR YEARS?? LOOK UNDERNEATH AN OLD MAS AND SEE WHO'S NAME IS THERE. WHO WILL HELP YOU WITH PROBLERMS YOU ARE HAVING WITH ANY BRAND OF STEEL WHEN YOU ASK.. I think his name is BUD CARTER... The same man that builds The Carter steel.. I am not going to say my guitar never goes out tune, haven't broke a string in 2 years, sustains better than any guitar I have ever heard. The sad truth is::: there are a few wanna-bee guitar dealers on the forum who feel if they can get you to reduce your price enough for them to make money, BINGO'''' they might buy your guitar. Well formanites, I guess I've bled out enough, Thanks for your attention.
George Allour
Keep on stealin!!!

------------------
George Allour
Junior Wilson

Post by Junior Wilson »

Is the Carter still for sale?

------------------
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

george i have only been playing for 6 months and i had 3 msa's i bmi and a great d-10 shobud. i bought a carter d-10 with 8 & 7 from duane dunard and i love it. i'm going to sell it soon only because i'm going to get a brand new one set up for me. i'm 57 and i want a new one that will last me the rest of my years. plus i'm 5'6" tall. i don't believe there is a finer steel for me. i'm sold on them.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Last time I looked it seems that I saw a Carter up there on the Opry stage in front of Mr. White. Am I wrong?
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

George,
I don't know why you needed to post about Carter quality.
They are excellent instruments. Most know that.

A few might not like them, but that's true of everything.

There are a lot of top session and road players that rely on their Carters. The proof is in the pickin.

David Pike

Post by David Pike »

gotta agree with George i also play a carter i have a SD10 i really like it but would really like the D10 they are a great guitar
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Last time I saw Tommy on the Opry he was playing a Fessy.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Last time I opened my mouth I was wrong, too, Craig.

Is that Carter still for sale, George?
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

Dave you could be right.
Depends on "the last time you looked".

TW did play a Carter on many recent televised Opry shows.

I can think of three other major brands that he also played on recent Opry shows. I'm sure none of them would have made it to the stage if they weren't worthy instruments.
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Joey,
Your post is valid. I do play my Sho-Bud a couple of times a year. However, I have been playing my Fessenden guitars for just over a year now and I am really enjoying them.
All the best,
T.W.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

Thanks Joey, gotta keep a handle on my hallubriations, you know...

Tommy, you guys really tore it up with Joni Harms "After All" on an Opry show a while back - swung the living s**t out of it!

That was a real pleasure to hear, a great song played to the hilt by a great band, thanks for the treat -- dg<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dave Grafe on 06 January 2005 at 10:28 AM.]</p></FONT>