78' Emmons D-10 P/P Wood necks

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jeff Sconyers

78' Emmons D-10 P/P Wood necks

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

1978 EMMONS D-10 P/P, wood necks (with inlay) [8 Pedals, 4 KL]. SN= 2480D Emmons set-up. ASKING price of 2,650.00 (I'll pay shipping within the continental U.S). I may be making a big mistake by letting this one go. This guitar is a very smooth playing guitar and has that legendary Emmons P/P tone. This guitar was set-up by Mike Cass. Please call with any questions.

Home: 334-393-0719
Office: 334-684-2022
E-Mail: sconyersins@centurytel.net

Pictures are below!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 09:37 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 03:59 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 04:08 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 05:32 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 08 November 2004 at 06:37 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 08 November 2004 at 06:38 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 09 November 2004 at 06:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

[<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 04:02 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Anybody can give me a loan for 4K?

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Oh!! Yeah!! Fellow steelers,

I will only ship the guitar to an address within the continental U.S.

Thanks,

Jeff

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 04:05 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 06 November 2004 at 04:06 PM.]</p></FONT>
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

hahaha.... Ronald pick it up those 4 k
you know what i mean!

cor
Charlie Moore

Post by Charlie Moore »

Nice guitar Jeff,i have ser#2457,rosewood mica,they sound sweet.,.cya..Charlie...
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

The price has dropped! Don't let this one slip by guys!! I just got married and must liquidate some of my pleasures!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 08 November 2004 at 08:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

/
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

/
Farris Currie

Post by Farris Currie »

sorry, emmons stock is way down!!!!ha ha
may have to give those steels away,if can find any takers!!!! farris
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Hey Jeff and/or Mike Cass; are those necks off a Marlen?? That inlay looks real familiar.
Ricky
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Ricky,

I was looking back on past threads and there was a 1981 Emmons P/P sold that had the same inlay on the body of the guitar!!Furthermore, veteran players have seen and played the guitar since I've had it and they have never mentioned anything like that. It really is a fine playing guitar. I just finished working a song up on it and continued to remorse about selling it. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 08 November 2004 at 08:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Spoke to Mike Cass yesterday-unfortunately he had no recollection of working on this one-guess he has worked on too many to remember them all! Nice looking axe though-Ricky D I kind of doubt the necks came from a Marlen
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I'm sorry for the double post. I went back to add the last statement and failed to see it had already posted.
Jerry<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jerry Roller on 09 November 2004 at 11:37 AM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Ricky, that is the same inlay as is on my '77 lacquer push pull, front apron and necks. John Hughey had a black mica push pull with wood necks and I think he would still love to find it and get it back. Could this one be it? I don't know. One thing, I betcha' this one sounds great. These wooden neck guitars have the tone advantage of a bolt-on changer but less susceptive to temperature change due to the wooden neck. Thats my take on it.
Jerry
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Paul,

I spoke with Mike just after I posted and he remembered me bringing it to him. However, that has been over a year ago and he stated that there has been so many since then. He went through the guitar and then tweaked everything. The adjustments he made really improved the pedal action. It played really good before he tweaked it but, after he did his magic it is rides like a Cadillac.I originally bought the guitar from Bobbe Seymour approximatley 2 1/2 years ago (give or take)and it went straight to the bandstand with me. We only play festivals and parties therefore, the guitar has not been in the club scene since I've had it. I was playing in a gospel band when I first purchased it. It has been a really good guitar for me and I hate to see it go. If nobody makes me an offer I plan to keep it.

PS Thanks JERRY for the post!!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 09 November 2004 at 11:14 AM.]</p></FONT>
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yes now I remember seeing a all lacquer and wood neck Emmons; and that inlay does look like that one I saw...ah...ha.
It just jumped out at me as a all black Marlen I'm working on has the same inlay; and seeing the formica Emmons with that wood neck and inlay, just struck my curiosity.
Cool rig man.
Ricky
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Ricky,

Thanks for the post. You should email me. You would look cool sitting behind this thing!! Or maybe I should quit pushing this thing and if I don't sell it I can tell my wife that I TRIED!! She can't see the need for two steels. Why don't they understand these things!!

Jeff
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Ricky, you're correct in that it looks unusual. Most mica/woodneck PP's had solid black necks, not inlaid.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Well Jeff if it was a '64 or '65 wraparound restored/refirbished by Mike Cass; I would HIGHLY consider it; but otherwise I'm a Sho~bud kinda Guy.
Yes Herb; that's it....that's exactly why it struck me curious...>thanks.
Ricky
Glenn Suchan

Post by Glenn Suchan »

That's a great lookin' guitar. Best of luck with the sale, Jeff.

Ricky, my '77 blond lacquer w/metal necks (s/n 2411D) has the same inlay on the front and back aprons. However, it's not too clear on the pictures I submitted to your "House of Wood". A friend of mine described it as looking like "crime scene" tape. LOL Image

Keep on pickin'!
Glenn
Paul Warnik

Post by Paul Warnik »

Jeff S-for some years I owned a black (mottled) formica D-10 with wooden necks that I got from Cass-Jerry R is right about the extra stability to withstand temperature changes-As I recall that one was my favorite on outdoor gigs because of that-It did not have the inlay on the necks as Herb stated most all mica bodied ones don't-Ricky D-all my Emmons horns have been "Cassified" including my '65 wraparound (the magic one) and my '66 bolt-on (to die with) that Cass totally restored down to the bare wood cabinet!
Jeff Sconyers

Post by Jeff Sconyers »

Paul!! Thanks for the post. I would imagine you could order the guitars the way you preferred them. I know a guy that goes to the factory when he orders a new one. They measure him for custom fit and he watches over there shoulder as they build it. Therefore, I'm sure that the original owner had a specific request for the inlay on the necks. Everybody has a different desire. When I bought the guitar I was told that it had previously belonged to a very busy Nashville session player. However, I don't know that for sure so I want post any names.

Thanks again,

Jeff<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 10 November 2004 at 09:04 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Sconyers on 10 November 2004 at 09:07 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

while I dont remember the guitar per se,
its either near mint or restored; neither of which is a bad thing. I feel positive I didnt restore it at any point. The necks do seem to me to be original but perhaps cleaned up a bit by maybe AJ Nelson?
Thats more of a courtesy to a customer than anytyhing, to provide him/her with a cosmetically clean instrument for the little $$ AJ charges us local boys for his splendid work:-) If it was restored, I feel positive that the original neck motif was maintained.
Someones gonna get a real nice horn here, I think.....