"She Told Me So" Solo and tracks

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Greg Cutshaw

"She Told Me So" Solo and tracks

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Here's my take on an E9th solo I believe Paul Franklin played on George Strait's "She Told Me So". The intro is close I hope. This is my first experience writing and posting tab so I hope it all comes out ok. I made the backup track and it's mostly just the intro, a few fills and a guitar/steel part I invented in the middle just to give it some life.

F = E's to F's knee lever
E = E's to Eb's knee lever

Click here to hear the solo intro and backup track.

Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Greg - Your recordings are always beautiful. So crystal clear. Which steel guitar/amp combination are you using on this recording? Same question for the C6 intro recording.

Lee, from South Texas
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Lee,

I am using the MSA Legend and Fender Steel King set up as described on my web page for both recordings. The MSA is real clear without being too sharp but it doesn't have the warmth of the old Sho-Bud. The best thing about the MSA (it's by no means the only great guitar out there) is that the sound in very consistent across all the strings and that makes it easier to record.

Greg
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Greg,
All that you have posted are great..tone.attack,clearity[sp],etc.Keep them coming.

Thanks. Bill
Kirk Hamre

Post by Kirk Hamre »

If anyone's interested...George Jones made a great recording of this song in the 1970's.

Thanks for the Tab.