Rebel and Ricky" Site> CLOSED for GOOD

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Ricky,, this was one of the finest things that a new stell player and an old steel player could ask for , i will be forever greatful for all the effort that was put into it. i did copy a bunch of it and i'm glad that i did. i would love to see it return , is this possible ?? there is a lady that has a web site but i cant remember what it is ,it is something about real country music. can you help me with this ? she has a lot of songs that are very nice. i stumbled across it once but i forgot what it is. if you can help me i would be thankful . regards,,,Gary.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Thanks for the kind words Gary.....and I'd like to see the site back up for it's use also.
Sorry; I don't know the lady that your talking about.
Ricky
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Gary,perhaps the Lady yer lookin' for might be here: http://recordlady.webgcs.com/main2.htm
Graham

Post by Graham »

Back

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

Don Townsend

Post by Don Townsend »

Graham;
I'll take you fly-fishin' next time you're close to Calgary!!!
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

To Rebel, Ricky, and Jeff...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You,
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

The previous post echoes my sentiments exactly. THANKX SO MUCH! steve
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

thank you Graham. You put so much effort into the original site it would have been a shame to lose it entirely. Lettng it sit in cyberspace and updating it as YOU see your way clear to is the right decision (imo)that's what the www is great for!!!

again thanks for reconsidering!

Niklas Widen

Post by Niklas Widen »

"You just don't know how good you've got it 'til you ain't got it no more!" - George Jones, Cold Hard Truth CD

I hope it isn't too late to say a real huge thanks to Graham, Ricky, Jeff and all the others who contributed to this site in one way or the other. Like I stated in another post on this subject, I really think this was one of the top three sites ever for online steelers, along with this forum and steelradio.

And for me, in 2001 a 17 years old beginner, it has been truly invaluable, not only as teaching material, but it also has historical value. Through this site, I learned alot about steelers with different artists, in what year certain recordings were made, and so on...What a great reference - whenever I heard a song with a cool steel solo, I could look it up, see who played it and, in most cases, even learn how to play it! I have yet to find a site of this calibre for any other instrument, there is not even a guitar site comes close (and there are looots of great guitar sites!).

Losing the opportunity to access this wealth of inspiration is of course sad, but I know how I would feel about something I put this much time and passion into. Just like George Jones sings, we don't really understand how much we appreciate something until it's too late - and I just wish it wouldn't be now! But of course I understand and highly respect any decision that Graham makes in his position. All I wanted was to express my utmost gratitude for this great and imcomparable contribution to the (online)steel guitar community and my sincere hope that we haven't seen the last of the Rebel, Ricky and Jeff site!

THANKS again!!!

/Nicke Widén
Ulf Edlund

Post by Ulf Edlund »

What Nicke says.

Uffe
Denny Turner

Post by Denny Turner »

Graham ... Rick,

THANK YOU for the great work and heart.

I think a "pay pal" appreciation donation account and link on your tabs site is a good idea.

Aloha,
Denny T~
Nicholas Dedring

Post by Nicholas Dedring »

It was most valuable, definitely... I just am disappointed that I had no idea it was closing until it had closed. It would have been nice to be able to save/store the stuff I didn't have already, and now that it isn't going to be possible at all.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Nicholas; it's back up pal...>ya gotta read more than the heading..ha.
Ricky
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

likewise on the thank you's.....
Pat Burns

Post by Pat Burns »

.."Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"..

THANK YOU!!!!!, Graham and Ricky. The Rebel and Ricky site is just as valuable as the forum itself.