One Note Samba

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Larry Lenhart

One Note Samba

Post by Larry Lenhart »

I have played many of Jobims music on the guitar for years, and have recently been working up some of my favorites on C6th-Jim Loessberg has a great tab on Wave (about like Randy Beavers version). Anyway, I tabbed out "One Note Samba" but dont know how to post it or I would. The main part of the song lies real well on the C6th neck and is quite simple to play, but the bridge is a little tricky to my way of thinking. I would like to fax my version to someone and have them critique it-I may not be playing the bridge in the best position and I would like to have some expert advise. By the way if you have never heard Doug Jernigans version of this tune, get his Jazz and Country album-it is great, the whole album is wonderfull. Doug is another one of my all time favorite players-he is fantastic !! I especially love his jazz playing. Summertime on that album is another great one, along with Skylark. Thanks in advance.
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre>
1-----------|
2-----------|
3-----------|
4-----10----|
5-----------|
6-----------|
7-----------|
8-----------|
9-----------|
10----------|
</pre></font>

Repeat as necessary. Image
-John
Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HaaaaaHaaaaaaaHaHaHa!!!!!!
Good one, John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HeeeHeeeeHeeee!!!!
Randy Reimer

Post by Randy Reimer »

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Uh, John... um... what key is that in?
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Sorry guys, I am not amused. I tried to ask an intelligent question, and this is the response I got. Why is it that a wise man and a wise guy are not the same ?! I think I will not post any more questions or any more responses, the intellectual level of this forum is far above my head. It is too bad, there is a world of talent and knowledge on this forum, but it hasnt been displayed here, and obviously not by me either. I am sick of this forum. Goodbye.
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

Larry, you have my apologies if I have offended you.
Far from an expert, I would be glad to look at your tab for the bridge. I'd have to pull a chart for it to be sure, but I'm glad to e-mail you my fax #.
-John
Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

Well hells bells, Larry. I really am sorry you feel that you're sick of the Forum and need to leave because of this episode. I don't think anyone was trying to make fun of you in any way, shape, or form. I'm sorry if you were offended. However, you make it seem like we all did something wrong, and I just don't see it that way.

I hope you change your mind and participate again, whenever you feel like it.

Steve Feldman
b0b

Post by b0b »

Larry asked me to delete his account. He's gone, folks. Image

------------------
-b0b- ... Click Here for Forum Products
-System Administrator
John Hanusch

Post by John Hanusch »

Hey, Guys.. For what it's worth-- I'm with Larry on this one. Fine, if you chime in here with some brief "humor", but then you should add or finish your post with a serious, helpful response, as J. Steele finally did. Larry's right and my thoughts are similar to his. There's enough stuff to wade thru here to get to some useful nuggets and this wading takes time I'd rather spend on other things. If you want humor, go to that section, as I'm sure Larry would have if he wanted your kind of responses. I think some apologies to Larry are in order, whether here or off forum.
Regards,...jh

------------------
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

This Forum is a Gas! Over the past week the big "E" has been participating + telling it like it is. Franklin sending the¨Post on "Reece". Meanwhile, Larry Lenhart get's Uptight cause he's missing something Vital:
a sense of Humour! i don't think he got to deep on this Forum. Do you think he read John Drury's Post about that 17 year old Girl
who's gotta give up PSG cause of her illness?
So what's the chord chart in C6 for that 1 note samba ? Keep it up Ladies and Gents...
tim duvall

Post by tim duvall »

GET A LIFE. IT'S CALLED HUMOR.
Gord Cole

Post by Gord Cole »

...unfortunate reaction Image ... but I'm still laughin' at the joke Image...not at Larry. Hope
he returns. Gord
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

'nuff said