Dumble overdrive pedal, $80+$10ship conus

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Steve Lipsey

Dumble overdrive pedal, $80+$10ship conus

Post by Steve Lipsey »

One Control Golden Acorn...Dumble pedal that not only SOUNDS like a Dumble, but also has the FEEL of a Dumble.

I got it to replace my ZenDrive, the gold standard for Dumble pedals, because it sounds essentially the same, but in a mini-format, and a LOT cheaper (I actually got 2 of them for much less than my classic original ZenDrive). And although it is a mini-pedal, it actually has space inside for a battery if desired.:

This pedal was designed to reproduce the iconic overdrive and tremendous dynamic range of the renowned Dumble amplifiers.

he Dumble amps were designed to produce a different distorted sound than other amplifiers. They addressed the idea of power amp distortion and that it could be achieved by adding a distortion circuit after the main preamp.

.. this unique dynamic window, where you can change the tone from seemingly clean to distorted at mere touch or strike, was essential and I saw it as an opportunity for creativity.  a pedal that can enhance your personal touch and carry your personal tone. .. a dynamic overdrive designed to catch a small window in which single notes can be worked to be seemingly clean or distorted. It's important to mention that this distortion is a soft type of distortion, which is essential to make expected note progressions sound seamless. 
- Bjorn Juhl

Ratio: Sets the depth of distortion and compression and is used to set the pivot point depending on guitar pickup strength. The sound can be manipulated from 'seemingly clean' to 'softly distorted'. This control can also be advanced beyond this pivot point making for a sound that allows playing on feedback even at low volumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brq1wmKl1H4&t=1s

NOTE 1: There are lots more YouTube if you want to search for them...
NOTE 2: Condition is excellent, subject to maybe a few tiny leftover velcro bits on the bottom...I added the letters because that typeface is hard to see in imperfect light...
NOTE 3: I'll ship USPS Priority Mail, which will cost me more than I'm charging for shipping.

Last edited by Steve Lipsey on 18 Nov 2023 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck
Dennis Brown

dumble

Post by Dennis Brown »

Hello Steve. I'd take the (top pictured) unit. How would you like paid?
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Dennis has the gold one, other still available. They sound the same...
-S
www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck