Mullen double neck w/ matching seat

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Noel Serice

Mullen double neck w/ matching seat

Post by Noel Serice »

My dad Vincent Serice on here passed away a few years ago. We’ve held on to his guitar and musical equipment since but time to let it go. It’s a Mullen double neck I got with Mike Mantey with the serial number it was built 6-21-96. Asking $6,000 with matching pro seat. Not familiar with posting pictures on here but I do have more pictures of the guitar. Also can take pictures of a particular part or area if you need.
Marty Broussard

Post by Marty Broussard »

Folks, it would be difficult to find a cleaner and more well maintained guitar than this one! Vincent was my mentor and I played this guitar several times. It’s smooth like butter and solid. Forumites Daniel Cormier, Charlie Moore, Joe Rogers, Chance Duhon, and Murnel Babineaux will hopefully attest to this also. It wasn’t played out very much and more pics will attest to that. Pretty sure he changed the pups to True Tones at one point.
"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Noel Serice

Pictures

Post by Noel Serice »

Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

If you are not familiar with Mullen Guitars.
This guitar was built when ,for what ever reason, Mullen hit something special in the build.
I and two of my friends had guitars twenty serial numbers ahead of and in back of this guitar.
They are the best sounding of any steel guitar .
I am now ninety years old and been doing this since I was twelve.
Still getting paid to play……….
Regards… old Bud
Leroy Golden

Post by Leroy Golden »

Maybe it's in the Mica... I have an SD10 with the same pattern and color and it's the sweetest sounding steel in my herd as well!
Richard Lotspeich

Post by Richard Lotspeich »

Mickey Adams says it was a good supply of wood Del obtained at that time. I had a mid 90 d10 and sold it,,,I'm looking for a late 90's sd10 currently. They do,have a special tone.
Dick Lotspeich