Help needed in Denver

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Rich Rubel

Help needed in Denver

Post by Rich Rubel »

I am in the process of cleaning up and modifying a MSA Classic so that i can begin taking the lessons that will eventually drive me crazy. I wonder if there is a someone here in the Denver area that may have some familiarity with the instrument. I could use little guidance and instruction so I dont get too far over my head. I have built a few bass guitars and do most of my own wrenching but there is alot under the cover on this PSG I dont fully understand.

Thanks for any replies.

Rich
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana ........Groucho Marx
Paul Wade

psg

Post by Paul Wade »

2060 Chuck S. Lettes from Denver, Colorado, joined 14 Aug 2000, has 2242 posts, last login 30 Sep 2023.

Post Posted 1 Aug 21 2:38pm Reply with quote
I’m so happy to announce the 2021 Denver Steel Guitar Show is scheduled for Sunday, August 29th. The show will begin at noon and continue throughout the day into the evening. Please join us to hear some of the finest steel guitar players in Colorado. It’s all happening at Dougie G’s Lounge in Thornton, Colorado. You don’t want to miss this one!

This year we are very fortunate to have the great pedal steel guitarist Ronnie Miller. Ronnie has toured the world with Charley Pride for the last 28 years. What an awesome career! Please visit Ronnie's website to find out more;
www.ronniemillermusic.com

We also welcome and are excited to have the legendary recording and performing artist, Jay Dee Maness! Jay Dee has worked with many artists from Eric Clapton to The Desert Rose Band. Please visit Jay Dee's website to find out more;
www.jaydeemaness.com

Also featuring Denver's finest steel guitarists.

John Macy
Bob Case
Chuck Lettes
Daniel Jones
Todd Clayton
Paul Carestia
Kent Davis
John Talbott
Glenn Taylor
Bret Billings
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

Rich as I stated in the Email correspondence you can call me anytime or text me and i'll call you. I should be able to help/walk you any difficulties or questions. Not a problem at all.
thanks
wayne
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Scott Denniston

Post by Scott Denniston »

I used to go see Chuck Lettes play around Denver a lot back in the '80s. He was always on a D-10 MSA back then and I'd imagine he knows everything about them. I don't know if he gives lessons but I'd bet he does.
Jeff Rady

Post by Jeff Rady »

Hi Rich,

I teach pedal steel lessons, I do zoom or in person, I'm near Broomfield by 120th and Sheridan. Chuck Lettes was my English teacher in high school and taught me a lot on Pedal Steel when I first started, I was also in a band with him. Anyway, I've been teaching for about 15 years. I have my own teaching site too for guitar and pedal steel. You can check it out here:

https://jeffsguitarandsteel.com/about-pedal-steel/

Thanks,
Jeff
Williams Guitar Purveyor, Owner of jeffsguitarandsteel.com