Deep South Mississippi Steel Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Pookie Anselmi

Deep South Mississippi Steel Show

Post by Pookie Anselmi »

Anyone know if this will happen again this year?
Thanks
Justin Hill

Post by Justin Hill »

It's in November. Look up Bailey's music barn on Facebook
08 GFI D10, ShoBud Super Pro Sd10. 79 Fender Twin Reverb, Fender tonemaster Twin, Nashville 112, Nashville 400 with 12" BW. Teles for days.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

removed
Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 9 Nov 2023 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Bobby D. Ray

Deep South Steel Guitar Show - November 10 and 11, 2023

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

I'm posting this update on behalf of Terry Bailey ... To all our steel guitar friends ... We have some GREAT news for our November 10 and 11, Deep South Steel Guitar & Classic Country event in Perkinston, Mississippi. We have signed steel guitar legend and world class player Mr. Doug Jernigan as our featured steel guitar player for the show. Doug said to tell all of you that he has a great show planned for the event. Doug is one of, and some even say he is the greatest steel player in the world. We hope you all can come and enjoy all the great music we have planned for this event. If any steel player would like to play at this event, please get in touch with Terry Bailey to see about openings. More updates to come ... so stay tuned to the Forum and also watch our Facebook page (Bailey's Music Barn). Terry's cell number is 228.243.5138.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Anything new on the show?November 10/11 is fast approaching.I hope it's still on.
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Check Bailey's Music Barn on Facebook.
It's a country music show with a couple of Steelers.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Bobby D. Ray

Steel Guitar Show in Perkinston, MS - November 10 and 11, 20

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

Yes, the show is still on ... and it will be a GREAT show.
Joe Wright, Larry Bullock, Doug Jernigan, and Leona and Ron Williams on Friday night.
Tiler Davenport, Hal Higgins, Ashton Evans, Joe Wright, The Silver Eagle Band (with Dale Stacy on steel), Larry Bullock, Doug Jernigan, Leona and Ron Williams, and Dennis Stroughmatt on Saturday and Saturday night.
This is a GREAT line-up and it will be a fun couple of days.
Friday night starts at 5:45 PM and goes until 10:00 PM.
Saturday begins at 11:00 AM and goes until 9:30 PM.
I hope everyone can come out and be with us!
Bobby D. Ray

Steel Guitar Show in Perkinston, MS - November 10 and 11, 20

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

Dennis Stroughmatt

Post by Dennis Stroughmatt »

Really looking forward to this show!
My 1937 Oscar Meinel Violin, a 1925 Strad Roth Violin, a 1926 Amati Roth Violin (just wish I could play it like Tommy Jackson), 2018 Milkman Steel Mini, 2023 Milkman Pedal Steel 85, a Fender 800 5x4, and a 6x2 long scale Fender 400.
Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

Me too, Dennis. 8)